Help picking a new device.

x Princess Leliana x

My faithful tegra note 7 is nearing the end of her days after four years or so and it's time to start looking for something new. I know next to nothing about mobile devices so help picking a replacement would be greatly appreciated. My maximum budget is £100 though ideally I'd like to spend less. It can be a phone or tablet, I don't care, as long as it satisfies my two requirements. The first is that it needs good battery life, everything else comes second to battery, the other is decent performance, I don't do anything intensive on my mobile device, just google, youtube, and the occasional casual/non-intensive game. I don't care for anything fancy like retina screens or anything, just looking for the best bang-for-the-buck. Thanks in advance everyone.

Suggesting A7 2017 : a jaw-dropping 3600mAh battery is included.

Since the battery life of A7 2016 was amazing, a bigger battery will work. See this :

b7c2c6dc03056bcf4dae53d1f1dc093d.jpg

It also has decent performance : Exynos is wonderful xD

2 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

Suggesting A7 2017 : a jaw-dropping 3600mAh battery is included.

Since the battery life of A7 2016 was amazing, a bigger battery will work. See this :

b7c2c6dc03056bcf4dae53d1f1dc093d.jpg

It also has decent performance : Exynos is wonderful xD

The only prices I can find for that device are £400, aka 4x my budget xD

1 minute ago, fordaov3rlord said:

The only prices I can find for that device are £400, aka 4x my budget xD

D:

What about the contract? Getting a contract will lower the price.

But not sure about it... since I'm not living in a same country where you live :/

And also check A5 2016 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B018WFZ6OY/ref=sr_1_5_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1485601856&sr=8-5&keywords=a5+2016&condition=used

I found a 160 deal in Amazon.

1 minute ago, PenPoint said:

D:

What about the contract? Getting a contract will lower the price.

But not sure about it... since I'm not living in a same country where you live :/

And also check A5 2016 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B018WFZ6OY/ref=sr_1_5_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1485601856&sr=8-5&keywords=a5+2016&condition=used

I found a 160 deal in Amazon.

I don't want a contract, I've never needed a phone in my life, I'd only have a phone for the occasional call and using the steam thing so I don't have to wait 15 days for trades. 160 is still too much for me. I don't want to spend that much on something I won't use.

On 1/28/2017 at 6:13 AM, fordaov3rlord said:

I don't want a contract, I've never needed a phone in my life, I'd only have a phone for the occasional call and using the steam thing so I don't have to wait 15 days for trades. 160 is still too much for me. I don't want to spend that much on something I won't use.

You might need to modify your budget slightly; you're asking for a beefy battery and decent performance, most of which is going to come at a price. $400 is about as low as I've seen for a phone that meets your needs. That is if you buy new. A used Droid Mini goes for $60 off Ebay. That seem more reasonable? 

• 2 weeks later...