Screen goes black and fans are going super fast

Khalid al hoshan

This happens every month or so , but now every time I try to launch a game the screen goes black the system crashes and the fans goes crazy .... and I'm very afraid that my PC is permanently damaged .... what should I do?

Specs? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

sounds like an thermal overload shutdown. what are your temps?

Don't think so? He's only trying to launch a game rather than it shutting down while he's playing a game...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Don't think so? He's only trying to launch a game rather than it shutting down while he's playing a game...

a friend of mine had a similar problem, turned out his thermal paste wasn't making contact well enough and it broke his temperature sensor or something. now his cpu only reads 85 degrees 125 degrees or -85 degrees and stuff like that.

Def sounds like a thermal shutdown. Check your CPU heatsink, it may be totally clogged with dust and the fan may be unable to spin. Thermal past could also be the culprit.

When in doubt, re-format.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Specs? 

Intel 6700k

Gtx1070 founders

Evga 850 b2 bronze 

Asus z170A

Corsair i100x water cooler

3 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Def sounds like a thermal shutdown. Check your CPU heatsink, it may be totally clogged with dust and the fan may be unable to spin. Thermal past could also be the culprit.

If that's the case what should I do

18 minutes ago, tlink said:

sounds like an thermal overload shutdown. what are your temps?

How can I check the temperature 

1 minute ago, Khalid al hoshan said:

If that's the case what should I do

If you open the computer and are greeted by a lot of dust, clean it out, make sure that the CPU fan can spin. Turn it on while its still open and confirm that the fan is in fact spinning. Once its on, try to see if its gonna crash on you. If not, you probably fixed it.

If it crashes then you may have to pull of the cpu cooler and re-apply thermal paste.

To monitor the temperatures of the cpu, use a program such as realTemp or even MSI afterburner.

When in doubt, re-format.

4 minutes ago, Khalid al hoshan said:

Intel 6700k

Gtx1070 founders

Evga 850 b2 bronze 

Asus z170A

Corsair i100x water cooler

Check your heatsink and temperatures as other people has suggested but I can't really see it being the issue

I mean it's possible that you've mounted the backplate for the corsair AIO incorrectly :P 

57 minutes ago, Khalid al hoshan said:

-snip-

well it looks like its cooling properly, but this is from the bios not from the actual OS during loading a game which is where you experienced problems. it could be your ram but than i would expect a BSOD not complete blackout with fans running full speed. try looking in windows event viewer to find whats the problem. (click HERE for a tutorial on how to do that, make sure you find the correct time)

2 hours ago, tlink said:

well it looks like its cooling properly, but this is from the bios not from the actual OS during loading a game which is where you experienced problems. it could be your ram but than i would expect a BSOD not complete blackout with fans running full speed. try looking in windows event viewer to find whats the problem. (click HERE for a tutorial on how to do that, make sure you find the correct time)

Can a full SSD cause this problem because somehow it reinstalled all of the mods on the ssd and filling it up so i deleted them

Also it turns out that my gpu fan that is going crazy

2 hours ago, tlink said:

3 minutes ago, Khalid al hoshan said:

Can a full SSD cause this problem because somehow it reinstalled all of the mods on the ssd and filling it up so i deleted them

Also it turns out that my gpu fan that is going crazy

Could ot be that my psu is not giving enough power and the gpu spiked