Is it enough

Is a g4560 and GTX 1050 TI (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hb7rwV )enough to run modern games at medium 1080p 45-60fps or 60fps low settings 720p. 400 is essentially my limit, so if the 1050 is enough I'd drop down to that. Are there better options around/under 400

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NPjjqk

this would be a much better build imo, as an ssd is SO MUCH better for everyday tasks/ OS, and loading your most played games onto it is so nice.

It's only 25 over budget, but don't forget, pcpartpicker doesnt account for tax OR shipping, so it will be closer to 500.

if you are really tight on money, just remove the SSD.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/sg2QLD

and there you go. And yes, it will run most modern games at 60+ fps 1080p. HOWEVER. keep in mind, certain games like battlefield1, gta v, and more upcoming titles will not run at stable 40+ fps in multiplayer, because of the g4560's 2 cores and 4 threads. However i think this pc is the best performance you can get for the budget.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

what sort of games. my laptop runs csgo on low settings a 30 fps on IGPU and it has a pentium N3540.

1 minute ago, Tb428 said:

what sort of games. my laptop runs csgo on low settings a 30 fps on IGPU and it has a pentium N3540.

Shadow of Mordor, TF2 , CSGO, BF1, fallout 4, GTA V, maybe some Minecraft and emulators. I want it to run all games above 30fps 1080p, that's all. I prefer 60, but if it's above 30 it's better than a console 

4 minutes ago, cadd said:

this would be a much better build imo, as an ssd is SO MUCH better for everyday tasks/ OS, and loading your most played games onto it is so nice.

It's only 25 over budget, but don't forget, pcpartpicker doesnt account for tax OR shipping, so it will be closer to 500.

and there you go. And yes, it will run most modern games at 60+ fps 1080p. HOWEVER. keep in mind, certain games like battlefield1, gta v, and more upcoming titles will not run at stable 40+ fps in multiplayer, because of the g4560's 2 cores and 4 threads. However i think this pc is the best performance you can get for the budget.

I have a 160gb 7200rpm SATA 3 drive lying around. Will 220gb be enough for a couple months if I skip out on a  new HDD for now?

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Shadow of Mordor, TF2 , CSGO, BF1, fallout 4, GTA V, maybe some Minecraft and emulators. I want it to run all games above 30fps 1080p, that's all. I prefer 60, but if it's above 30 it's better than a console 

gta v and emulators are pretty cpu bound games you will most likely not be able to run the comfortably with the g4560

1 minute ago, Tb428 said:

gta v and emulators are pretty cpu bound games you will most likely not be able to run the comfortably with the g4560

Not even for 30fps medium or 40+ low? I'm happy to go down to 720p if I can get myself 60fps?

I have a 160gb 7200rpm SATA 3 drive lying around. Will 220gb be enough for a couple months if I skip out on a  new HDD for now?

220gb will be more than enough for a few months, i have a 120gb SSD and a 500gb HDD. To be honest I have a slightly worse pc than you but almost the same, thats why im telling you, many games wont be able to be played comfortably with the 2 cores of the g4560. I have the g3258 (2 core, no HyperThreading) But it is unlocked, I oc'd that baby to 4.4ghz and its really good for the price, and with the 4 threads of the 4560 i expect you will get even better value, but still, many games need 4 physical cores and that will only become more apparent in the future. I'm upgrading to a 4690k as we speak, because my fps isnt as good as i want and my gtx 1050 only sits at 50% usage max in most games, and very few managing to keep it at constant 100% because of such a bottleneck. I was thinking about putting only a 1050 in ur build, but for about 30$ more in ur country u can get a 1050ti, which is a pretty good deal.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

10 minutes ago, cadd said:

I have to spend more on the mobo than that sadly, it doesn't support kabylake without a BIOS update and I can't update it from within, im gonna get the b250 board for peace of mind

2 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

I have to spend more on the mobo than that sadly, it doesn't support kabylake without a BIOS update and I can't update it from within, im gonna get the b250 board for peace of mind

ok thats fine, however 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Not even for 30fps medium or 40+ low? I'm happy to go down to 720p if I can get myself 60fps?

lowering the resoultion wont make a difference unless you are gpu bottlebecked, which spoiler alert almost every single game that you listed will be cpu bound, so u wont get any more fps by lowering the resolution, and some settings could be kept at ultra like textures and such if you have lots of gpu power that isnt being used.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

2 minutes ago, cadd said:

220gb will be more than enough for a few months, i have a 120gb SSD and a 500gb HDD. To be honest I have a slightly worse pc than you but almost the same, thats why im telling you, many games wont be able to be played comfortably with the 2 cores of the g4560. I have the g3258 (2 core, no HyperThreading) But it is unlocked, I oc'd that baby to 4.4ghz and its really good for the price, and with the 4 threads of the 4560 i expect you will get even better value, but still, many games need 4 physical cores and that will only become more apparent in the future. I'm upgrading to a 4690k as we speak, because my fps isnt as good as i want and my gtx 1050 only sits at 50% usage max in most games, and very few managing to keep it at constant 100% because of such a bottleneck. I was thinking about putting only a 1050 in ur build, but for about 30$ more in ur country u can get a 1050ti, which is a pretty good deal.

What do you consider comfortable? I have reasonably low standards RN and 30fps plus on medium settings is quite fine for very demanding games

1 minute ago, cadd said:

ok thats fine, however 

lowering the resoultion wont make a difference unless its a gpu bound game, which spoiler alert almost every single game that you listed will be cpu bound, so u wont get any more fps by lowering the resolution, and some settings could be kept at ultra like textures and such if you have lots of gpu power that isnt being used.

Ah OK, what fps are you thinking I can reach? I'm looking to upgrade cpu within a year or 2 so idk? It's not unlocked btw

What do you consider comfortable? I have reasonably low standards RN and 30fps plus on medium settings is quite fine for very demanding games

thats fine, but as a competitive player that plays to win and be the best, playing at anything less than 60 fps is terrible, and since i overclocked my monitor to 75hz, 75 fps constant is needed for me. but trust me, many games will be playing at 60 fps, but once you play at 60fps and go to 30, it will be a terrible experience.

MOST games will run at 60+ fps on ur setup, but bf1, gta v and more future games in multiplayer will NOT.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

1 minute ago, cadd said:

thats fine, but as a competitive player that plays to win and be the best, playing at anything less than 60 fps is terrible, and since i overclocked my monitor to 75hz, 75 fps constant is needed for me. but trust me, many games will be playing at 60 fps, but once you play at 60fps and go to 30, it will be a terrible experience.

MOST games will run at 60+ fps on ur setup, but bf1, gta v and more future games in multiplayer will NOT.

So no games will drop below 30 consistently?

7 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

So no games will drop below 30 consistently?

No. But trust me, I played on a laptop for 2 years at 20 fps lowest settings 640x480 in every game i played, and god damn the standards i set were asinine back then. All im saying is that once you play 60 fps, you will realize that 30 fps is garbage :D. buy that computer, have fun, its a great pc that will run any game at 40+ fps minimum (more most of the time) and almost any single player game at 60fps high/ultra.. Also I STRONGLY recommend you overclock your monitor, it makes a huge difference and literally takes 5 minutes to do.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

4 minutes ago, cadd said:

No. But trust me, I played on a laptop for 2 years at 20 fps lowest settings 640x480 in every game i played, and god damn the standards i set were asinine back then. All im saying is that once you play 60 fps, you will realize that 30 fps is garbage :D. buy that computer, have fun, its a great pc that will run any game at 40+ fps minimum (more most of the time) and almost any single player game at 60fps high/ultra.. Also I STRONGLY recommend you overclock your monitor, it makes a huge difference and literally takes 5 minutes to do.

My monitor is 75hz already but higher?

1 hour ago, Ethan Meskin said:

My monitor is 75hz already but higher?

google how to check your monitors refresh rate, and see the native res of your monitor.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram