Asus X99-A II suddenly shutdown and now giving Q code 00

As-21

Hi there i was watching a youtube video and my pc shutdown on me. now i am getting Q code 00 constantly no post or any thing.

I done clear cmos didn't help.

I removed it from the case and all hardware from it (no cpu or ram).

Tried to run it with no cpu or ram on test bench and still constant Q code 00.

There are no bent cpu socket or something i was running 6800K with it for 2 mounts with no problem.

Any idea what i can do ?

Sorry to say this, but when my X99A ii had a 00 code it was irrecoverable and swapped by the retailer. 

1 hour ago, As-21 said:

Hi there i was watching a youtube video and my pc shutdown on me. now i am getting Q code 00 constantly no post or any thing.

There are no bent cpu socket or something i was running 6800K with it for 2 mounts with no problem.

Any idea what i can do ?

where are you from?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

board will not boot with no system CPU or RAM. can force a BIO/UEFI update without CPU/RAM, but not run without CPU/RAM

9 hours ago, airdeano said:

board will not boot with no system CPU or RAM. can force a BIO/UEFI update without CPU/RAM, but not run without CPU/RAM

Yep but still i have to see a change on the q code or hear a bip on the mb speaker no ?

9 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

where are you from?

Not from canda or the us. 

11 hours ago, As-21 said:

Any idea what i can do ?

00 usually means your system is on but the board is not. So if you had dual psu or were testing  a component with a spare psu this can happen. If it does it in normal use then check cables and then begin component troubleshooting.

26 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

00 usually means your system is on but the board is not. So if you had dual psu or were testing  a component with a spare psu this can happen. If it does it in normal use then check cables and then begin component troubleshooting.

My psu is rm850i and it happened on normal work when i watched youtube i didn't do anything special on the background. I dont have a second psu with 2 8 pin to mb.

If i only hook 1 8 pin should the mb work ?

1 minute ago, As-21 said:

My psu is rm850i and it happened on normal work when i watched youtube i didn't do anything special on the background. I dont have a second psu with 2 8 pin to mb.

If i only hook 1 8 pin should the mb work ?

Usually 1 8 pin is fine yes.

I have the same board and had the same problem.  I ended up having to RMA the board.  Thankfully the CPU was not damaged.

Is there power to all the fan headers on the board?  The water pump header had stopped working on my board.

yes all fans working on full speed don't have water pump on mine my cpu fan is a ND-D15.

I will RMA it hope it didn't took the CPU with it.

• 5 weeks later...

So eventually the CPU was dead.

I RMA the board first they sent it back after they checked it with another CPU and found OK.

Then i RMA my CPU with intel if i may say their customer service was top notch couple days after the RMA i got new CPU in new box.

I have installed the CPU and everything is back to normal now.