Intel Haswell reportedly to have broken USB 3 controller.

Scia

As I have just read, Intel seems to have noticed problems with their Haswell chipset, and as it seems, "Intel will simply address it in a future chipset revision which means the first batch of motherboards will likely carry the bug."

http://www.techspot.com/news/51895-new-hardware-required-to-fix-haswell-usb-30-connection-bug.html

thoughts?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The bug is that any device that is plugged into a USB 3.0 port will have to be replugged in after waking up from SLEEP mode. If you shut down your computer and boot it back up, there will be no problems with USB 3.0. It only occurs after waking up from SLEEP mode.

This affects nothing and will be patched in the next BIOS/board/chipset revisions anyway.

The bug is that any device that is plugged into a USB 3.0 port will have to be replugged in after waking up from SLEEP mode. If you shut down your computer and boot it back up, there will be no problems with USB 3.0. It only occurs after waking up from SLEEP mode.

This affects nothing and will be patched in the next BIOS/board/chipset revisions anyway.

The first sentence of each of your paragraphs are contradictory.

i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz, MSI Z77 GD-65 , Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz, Kingston HyperX Predator  2400mhz, Crucial M4 512GB, Xonar Essence STX, Corsair AX750, Corsair 650D

Do you use sleep mode? If yes then it affects you, if you don't then it doesn't affect you.

By "This affects nothing", I really do mean it doesn't affect anything. You just have to replug in your devices if you want to use them after returning from sleep mode, it doesn't affect performance or anything else, it just affects the mount status of the device.

They are shipping broken stuff after all lol.

I never use Sleep Mode, so it doesn't affect me in any way. BTW the title is misleading. It isn't broken. Broken sounds like it doesn't work, and it does. It's just, like Echondo said, a bug when waking up the computer from Sleep Mode that makes you replug the USB device, you don't loose any data or anything important.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

unless you have a usb 3.0 mouse,keyboard,etc it shouldn't bother you.

I mean do you really plug in your camera,external HDD,usb drive,etc and then just leave for long enough for windows to go to sleep mode?

if you do then I have to wnder why.

If I ever plug in my camera or usb drive it's with the intent to transfer data,and then I remove it.and in the rare occasion that I do leave after plugging it in,it's not for a long enough period where it would go to sleep-mode.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Well it not properly working is pretty much broken.

The main point I was trying to make is not that "OMG I CAN'T USE SLEEPMODE111ONE", I never use it, my PC does not even turn off the screen.

I was trying to make people aware of the fact that Intel does not seem to give a shit at all. Keep producing and perhaps fix in z88 or whatever ^^

I find it rather concerning that the opinion seems to be "The sheep are gonna buy it anyways".

But keep on rattling about "I no use SLEEPZ MODEZ ><" np.

Well it not properly working is pretty much broken. The main point I was trying to make is not that "OMG I CAN'T USE SLEEPMODE111ONE"' date=' I never use it, my PC does not even turn off the screen. I was trying to make people aware of the fact that Intel does not seem to give a shit at all. Keep producing and perhaps fix in z88 or whatever ^^ I find it rather concerning that the opinion seems to be "The sheep are gonna buy it anyways". But keep on rattling about "I no use SLEEPZ MODEZ >

Many of the very first versions of CPUs have bugs - hence why we have different revisions of CPUS (B3 for example) - it's to be expected. This isn't an architecture fault, therefore the chip is not "broken", it is simply a bug which has been found. As said previously, it only affects USB devices coming out of S3 Sleep mode, it's fairly specific and Intel has said it is not a big enough "problem" to cause the push back of release. Buy later versions of the CPU and it will be fixed.

haswell is not a big deal 2 me anyway all stick with my z77 stuff