Best Portable Headphones Under 70$ !?

zc0201

Hey people, so I have been using my samsung earbuds that came with my phone for several months. I wasn't happy about that so I was thinking about an upgrade to an on ear or over ear one. But I couldn't find too much on google. So I posted on this forum so this amazing community would help me out with my purchase. I have saw some good review about the skullcandy grind headphones. However i was a little bit concerned about the sound quality of that headphone. So if anyone has an idea of these headphones definitely let me know. Back to the topic, I have a budget of 70$ for a new pair of headphones. Sound quality first, Comfort second , Build quality third and aesthetics last.

Give your recommendations down below. Thanks again :)

14 minutes ago, zc0201 said:

Hey people, so I have been using my samsung earbuds that came with my phone for several months. I wasn't happy about that so I was thinking about an upgrade to an on ear or over ear one. But I couldn't find too much on google. So I posted on this forum so this amazing community would help me out with my purchase. I have saw some good review about the skullcandy grind headphones. However i was a little bit concerned about the sound quality of that headphone. So if anyone has an idea of these headphones definitely let me know. Back to the topic, I have a budget of 70$ for a new pair of headphones. Sound quality first, Comfort second , Build quality third and aesthetics last.

Give your recommendations down below. Thanks again :)

Marshall Major? They are imho decent sounding,maybe too muddy for the bass however unless you like it..

Monoprice has a popular wireless one..

If you are lucky, try getting a sennheiser on sale since christmas is around the corner..

You could try good in ears as well:

Audio technica ath Im50

Sennheiser momentum in ears on sale maybe? Etc

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

4 hours ago, zc0201 said:

SNIP

No such thing as best in audio, since there is a thing called sound signature and that is very subjective. So you kinda have to find out what you like there first, since it isn't much fun having a pair of headphones you just hate the sound of.

A pair of Creative Aurvana Live!, gives you a balanced sound, that is a bit warm, they are very popular and for a good reason, they give you good audio quality for the price and they are fairly small, yet okay in comfort. 

Then we also have the M40x, you might be able to find them at 70$, they have a small bass boost and a small treble boost, but not that comfy,

You may or may not be able to find some B&W P3 gen 1 on sale for 60-70$, I think they are worth looking into, I have yet to try those, so I am not going to talk much about them, but they seem to get good reviews.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.