What is the best fan controller software?(Windows 10)

4 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

What is the best option for a fan controlling software so my PC isn't so noisy at night when I'm not playing games? (Windows 10 64 Bit)

My fans are Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 64.9 CFM 140mm Fan and my motherboard is the Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Thanks!

I think SpeedFan is pretty good.

If the motherboard has PWM headers, odds are Asus has some sort of companion software that should allow you to manage fans. There should also be an option for custom curves in the UEFI BIOS as well.

As for third party software, SpeedFan gets most recommendations around here (I personally use MSI's Control Center, but that's available only for MSI motherboards as far as I know).

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Can i just jump in and ask about something slightly on the side. Is there newer Mobos with a lower fan limit in bios? mine only goes to 60% and thats a Asus P9 X79 Pro if you must know.

While I like and use speefan, I find it unreliable to start with win10, even after adding a scheduler entry.  Your board does have fan control built in according the the website as well, asus fan control is usually very good.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

While I like and use speefan, I find it unreliable to start with win10, even after adding a scheduler entry.  Your board does have fan control built in according the the website as well, asus fan control is usually very good.

Is it in the bios or is it a separate program? 

38 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

I think SpeedFan is pretty good.

I installed speedfan and tried to follow JayZ's guide but there is no "software controlled" option, just "DO NOT USE"

Anyone know what's wrong?

22 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

I installed speedfan and tried to follow JayZ's guide but there is no "software controlled" option, just "DO NOT USE"

Anyone know what's wrong?

that's just speedfan being unreliable its not good with every motherboard

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

4 hours ago, MatsNorway said:

Can i just jump in and ask about something slightly on the side. Is there newer Mobos with a lower fan limit in bios? mine only goes to 60% and thats a Asus P9 X79 Pro if you must know.

Are your fans 3pin or PWM? Most mobos can control 3pins, but they just can't bring speed down to 30% which is min for 3pins. PWMs usually allow much lower min speed, something like 7%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Front fan is a 200mm fan with 3pin. And bios does not give a damn. 60% is what you get sir.. no matter what. And that fan is noisy as fuck.

15 hours ago, Ryoku said:

that's just speedfan being unreliable its not good with every motherboard

idk I'm too lazy to set it up

5 hours ago, MatsNorway said:

Front fan is a 200mm fan with 3pin. And bios does not give a damn. 60% is what you get sir.. no matter what. And that fan is noisy as fuck.

Yeah same here, I can't make the fan go anything below 60% with the BIOS control. 

Does anyone know how to download ASUS AI Suite 3? 

It does not matter if the fan is plugged in or not for me 60% is s low as the bios will go. So i am just curious is any other mobos goes lower/supports lower.

9 hours ago, Spazegamer said:

Support page of your mobo has it.

2 hours ago, MatsNorway said:

It does not matter if the fan is plugged in or not for me 60% is s low as the bios will go. So i am just curious is any other mobos goes lower/supports lower.

Well I can go to 30% with Speedfan and Gigabyte Z87X series.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/26/2016 at 6:35 PM, Spazegamer said:

Yeah same here, I can't make the fan go anything below 60% with the BIOS control. 

My asus BIOS wouldn't let me go below a certain % until I ran the "auto fan" program which tests each fan's limit. The reason it won't go below 60% may be because of the fan itself. If the fan won't spin with a certain amount of voltage on it, the bios won't let you go below that voltage. However, if the fan is a 4 pin fan, that seems a bit high. However, a 200 mm fan is massive, so that may be why you're seeing differences than us. The majority of us use 120 and 140 mm fans.