New 3DS now or wait or Switch?

kelvinhall05

As it says in the title, I am not sure whether to get a New 3DS or wait for the switch. Anyone have a recommendation based on the rumors we have seen for the Switch? Also, is this a good deal, and does it look cool (I think so)? 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3329YGLX0BP3W&coliid=IO90COQUWFG09&psc=1

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Wait for switch,theres no point in getting the 3DS at this point unless you really want to play Pokemon right now

My life

Well, the Switch will (probably) be three times as expensive and the 3DS has a very large catalog of games. I personally plan on buying the (that) 3DS.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Well, the Switch will (probably) be three times as expensive and the 3DS has a very large catalog of games. I personally plan on buying the (that) 3DS.

Yeah, that's the main reason that I want a 3DS, is that it will be cheap(er) than the Switch. Also, iirc the Switch will be really big, and not something I can put in my pocket, comfortably if at all.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, that's the main reason that I want a 3DS, is that it will be cheap(er) than the Switch. Also, iirc the Switch will be really big, and not something I can put in my pocket, comfortably if at all.

Oh sorry I have a 3DS Xl so evreytime I think about 3DSes I just think of this giant blue brick,so yeah for portability It would be much more portable then the Switch,you also have to consider when Nintendo stops supporting the 3DS though

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Oh sorry I have a 3DS Xl so evreytime I think about 3DSes I just think of this giant blue brick,so yeah for portability It would be much more portable then the Switch,you also have to consider when Nintendo stops supporting the 3DS though

Good point about the support, but in my experience nintendo portables last forever. Also, I don't think they will stop supporting it anytime soon.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Good point about the support, but in my experience nintendo portables last forever. Also, I don't think they will stop supporting it anytime soon.

Probably sometime in 2018 I assume

My life

I think it's fair to say that the Switch is going to cost more and it's not going to have as extensive a library at launch. But I don't think it's going to be overly expensive and for what it lacks in the volume of content it'll make up for with the scale of content. For an example of what I mean on the second point, the 3DS currently has three Zelda games. Two are ports of N64 titles and one is an original 2D release. The Switch won't have that many Zelda games for quite a while..... but it will have the newest Zelda game which kinda makes up for that gap in numbers...

Same deal with other games that are on the 3DS currently. Yes the 3DS has Pokemon and those games are great. But the Pokemon company have said they're developing a game for the Switch and there are pretty solid rumours saying it's a new version of Sun/Moon. I'm willing to bet that the Switch version not only looks better but also doesn't have the framerate issues the 3DS versions have had. At this stage most of the big games on 3DS have versions rumoured to be in development on the Switch. Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Mario, Mario Maker, Pokemon, Zelda. And it's also rumoured to have Splatoon, Skyrim, Xenoblade and Pikmin in line for the first 12 months. So far. 

True, you can't go wrong with the 3DS. It has an amazing library of games and a very low price point. But regardless of what Nintendo's PR says I think the Switch is going to quickly overtake it. The question is whether or not the lower price point and lack of waiting makes up for that.....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing