Needs personal help with a friend situation.

Commedi
Hello. I didn't exactly know where to put this thread (in the category) so please forgive me for perhaps putting it in the wrong area. But I need help.

For longer than a month I've been friends with someone on the internet, a fellow YouTuber, lets call him L. We play often, at least 2 times a week and he is major into the YouTube scene. Just recently I feel like he's being a major jerk to me and I'm not sure if it's just my anxiety building up or if he's not a great friend to what I believe he is. More or less, I don't know if this friend is exactly a jerk or not.

Basically through our entire friendship we have gotten in fights and I'm normally known as the "tard" or as you guys know it, the retard. However he himself more or less continues the fight whereas I start them. Which when we continuously argue, he says he wasn't arguing whatsoever and blames it all on me. Just recently, he more or less treats me like I'm in a competition among his other friends and shoves his editing (of videos) in my face - Which he implies that he is "trying to help me" when it's obvious that all he's doing is showing off (or at least in my opinion). For the fighting though, I admit I become difficult, but I find L a lot worse than me because it particularly feels like he is becoming less and less than a friend and more of a bully.

Just today on our public Discord chat (as to which he is co-owner of and me a regular member) - He mentions in public that he just ditched me for his other friends.

01b5f8ae51dd44b9b529dd672ceed3ef.png

The "mood" I was having was because I was upset due to leg pain and having it checked out. It wasn't a problem in any sort of argument.

As to which I have come to you guys for advice. I personally suffer from anxiety and for half a year managed to uplift and communicate with others. But I have problems with actually socializing with friends. And no, he doesn't know that.

Does anyone have any advice to give? Is this guy even my friend?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Commedi said:
Basically through our entire friendship we have gotten in fights and I'm normally known as the "tard" or as you guys know it, the retard. However he himself more or less continues the fight whereas I start them. Which when we continuously argue, he says he wasn't arguing whatsoever and blames it all on me. Just recently, he more or less treats me like I'm in a competition among his other friends and shoves his editing (of videos) in my face - Which he implies that he is "trying to help me" when it's obvious that all he's doing is showing off (or at least in my opinion). For the fighting though, I admit I become difficult, but I find L a lot worse than me because it particularly feels like he is becoming less and less than a friend and more of a bully.

Does anyone have any advice to give? Is this guy even my friend?

Thanks.

Work on yourself first.

No, he is not your friend.

6 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Work on yourself first.

No, he is not your friend.

Alright, got the same answer so I decided to no longer (continue) to build a friendship with him anymore. So thanks.

To expand on my "argument" situation - Basically he just says some things, he becomes Donald Trump and says later he never says such a thing and that's why I majorly get pissed. Therefore me (starting) an argument cause of his persistent lying. Them are the times when he tries to make me look stupid.

Again though, thanks.

Yep nobody needs a "friend" like that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

9 hours ago, Commedi said:

Alright, got the same answer so I decided to no longer (continue) to build a friendship with him anymore. So thanks.

To expand on my "argument" situation - Basically he just says some things, he becomes Donald Trump and says later he never says such a thing and that's why I majorly get pissed. Therefore me (starting) an argument cause of his persistent lying. Them are the times when he tries to make me look stupid.

Again though, thanks.

We've all met people like this before. 

Said things just to hurt you, and gave you a "smile" that to show you you have nothing to say back.

Then later when you confront them what they said/did, they either deny it or just say something like "I was kidding only/ stop being an emo/ don't be so sensitive. 

And that are not what you call friend. Ditch them and move on. 

Sorry that you had some difficulty to make friends or socialize. One thing you need to keep in mind. Friendship grows. When you met a person 1st time it does not mean that you have to tell her/him everything about you and you guys are friends forever. Most of the time similar interest drove people together. Then as time goes on, we become friends. I have met people on League of legends and a year later we become friends and we hang out together. Constantly calling each other and support each other. All the good part happened after 1 year of time. You build trust, and it took time. Also if you want to you can always consult a school counsellor, they are the professional. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, GBELILREESE said:

Lol is your friend Luna? 

Don't know a Luna so I guess the answer is a no. Sorry.

So I decided to do one thing. Because of me having a college problem (since he goes to my college) I decided to not "ditch him" or anyway. In fact I want to ignore him and that's my initial plan. For one, it would take things seriously awkward at college, and for two it would break down my (as stated) anxiety because he has made drama-type videos towards other users to hurt them. (However it was another argument but the other side was being aggravating because copyright issues were involved.) - Because of that, I'm deciding to take a different toll just so I don't lose what I already have.

I guess just to not ruin my true intentions on my future, I won't block and get rid of him simply. I'll slow it down but not pay much attention. But you guys, thanks a lot. Regardless of my experience with actually maintaining friends. So thanks for agreeing with me or suggesting whichever.

Are you sure that there's not some underlying sexual tension?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.