My Xbox One isn't detected by the W10 Xbox app anymore. How do I fix this?

Bleedingyamato

It used to work just fine but after not using it for a few months it suddenly won't detect my Xbox One at all.

My Xbox One is connected to our wifi router through an Ethernet cable and my desktop using our 5GHz wifi network.  It has worked with that setup and I don't see why there should be any problems since they're both connected to the same router.

How do I fix this problem?

Turn off your network switch and Xbox for 10 seconds +  and then turn them on again so they restart completely, can't hurt to restart your PC as well, then try again, make sure your drivers are up to date (from the manufacturers website) and try updating windows if your putting it off.

3 minutes ago, Ilovelamposts said:

Turn off your network switch and Xbox for 10 seconds +  and then turn them on again so they restart completely, can't hurt to restart your PC as well, then try again, make sure your drivers are up to date (from the manufacturers website) and try updating windows if your putting it off.

I think I'd tried restarting both my Xbox One and my desktop.  Not sure if I reset the wifi router.

I think restarting my Xbox One might've fixed it but I forget exactly what did it.  I'm still not sure why it happened in the first place.