Help me choose a sound system concept.

Vbgf

Sup guys! Here's the thing: we got a new TV as a gift awhile ago. The speakers are fine but we want to hook it up to some more powerful ones, so it's capable of hosting parties.

Here's the current sound system setup (connected to the PC atm) :

two LG 8ohm, 100W, 50-20000khz, 87db/W (1m) speakers

one craptastic second hand radio capable of making sound come from the speakers (the original amp died), it ain't great but it works.

Current system works as follows: a 3,5mm jack runs from my PC to the radio where it connects via rca (the left and right, red and black cables). Then from it there are two pairs of outlets (again red and black) for the two speakers, but this time as a thick exposed wire.

Problem is that the TV only has one audio out and it's s/pdif optical plug. Needless to say my radio doesn't have a s/pdif optical plug, only rca and antenna.

So a couple of questions regarding this: 

How can i connect those two speakers to the TV?

I want to add a sub woofer to the mix so the TV has at least a 2.1 system hooked up to it.

If possible i want to change the input from the TV to, let's say a PC or a Phone via the currently used method (3,5mm to rca).

Future improvement options like 5.1 are welcome.

I've looked into the idea of having a Active sub woofer as the amp and the two speakers directly connected to it. Sub woofer with a s/pdif are basically nonexistent tho.

Other option I've looked into is buying an receiver as this one and connecting TV via the s/pdif (not the pass trough HDMI), using the current speakers and adding a passive sub woofer to the mix.

Thanks in advance :)

A receiver would be great. The cheapest way out is a budget DAC with an optical input.