Colored PETG or Colored Coolant?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
7 minutes ago, Tyrosen said:

There is no discoloration over time with the white pastel? 

Some have had some issues with the particles falling out of solution or changing color due to junk it picks up from the loop mainly from not cleaning it enough, discoloration wise I haven't seen anything major on mine. There is slight oxidation from the copper in my loop so it had a barely noticeable tinge of green, not something that stands out unless you look for it or hold up some new fluid to it.

I was considering white PETG tubing for an upcoming build, but I realize that colored coolant is much more pretty. I was wondering how many times I have to clean colored coolants compared to distilled water, and if a white coolant might discolor over time. I am fine with semi-yearly maintenance, but will colored coolants affect cleanliness of loop?

Just now, Tyrosen said:

I was considering white PETG tubing for an upcoming build, but I realize that colored coolant is much more pretty. I was wondering how many times I have to clean colored coolants compared to distilled water, and if a white coolant might discolor over time. I am fine with semi-yearly maintenance, but will colored coolants affect cleanliness of loop?

Coolants theses days will last quite a long time as long as the initial loop was proper cleaned and preped, mainly the rads need to be very clean. Personally I rather have clear tubing with colored fluids as it gives more depth, I've run white Pastel fluid in my system for over a year with no troubles really. 

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

Coolants theses days will last quite a long time as long as the initial loop was proper cleaned and preped, mainly the rads need to be very clean. Personally I rather have clear tubing with colored fluids as it gives more depth, I've run white Pastel fluid in my system for over a year with no troubles really. 

I would highly recommend clear tubing instead, that way if you want to change your color (or honestly decide that you'd rather have clear fluid) you can do that...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

7 minutes ago, Tyrosen said:

Some have had some issues with the particles falling out of solution or changing color due to junk it picks up from the loop mainly from not cleaning it enough, discoloration wise I haven't seen anything major on mine. There is slight oxidation from the copper in my loop so it had a barely noticeable tinge of green, not something that stands out unless you look for it or hold up some new fluid to it.