Specific fittings for SLI/Crossfire???

Hey guys, I'm shopping around for fittings and I see these fittings made "specifically" to make SLI/Crossfire connections easier.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-bp-wtp-c47-g1-4-silver-shining-multi-link-adapter-set-of-2.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-bp-wtp-c48-g1-4-silver-shining-multi-link-adapter-mini-set-of-2.html

One is thicker, and one is thinner. What is the difference between these fittings and normal rigid fittings besides from what I can see is the absence of a locking collar, whereas instead, the tube "slides" in? And how would this make SLI/Crossfire connections easier?

(normal fitting with collar) http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-bitspower-g1-4-black-sparkle-enhance-multi-link-for-acrylic-tube-od-12mm.html

It's easier because the cut for the tubing is already done to fit a set SLI/Crossfire setup. You can infact get away by properly measuring the distance between the 2 fitting (or however many there are) when you cut the tubing you are using for the rest of your loop, but it is much harder. Now the difference between the size is how much fluid gets to run in between the cards.

Edited by CameronP90
Spelling error.

The difference in size is in depth of the fitting, not width, however they do make them for larger OD's. I have seen the pre-cut tubing before, but my question more directly regards the fittings themselves, because you can use the pre-cut tubes with any fitting with the proper OD size if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'd just like to add, though irrelevant to the question, that I'm going all PETG, so I'd like to stay away from pre-cut acrylic.

But anyways, my question regards the advantages of the fittings themselves, if any, not the pre-cut tubing. But thank you for the feedback though :) 

EDIT

@CameronP90 by the way, sorry I forgot to quote

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

12 hours ago, Limecat86 said:

I use EKWB for the water blocks, but I'm not exactly asking for a sli solution, I'm just curious to know what the advantage of these other fittings are to a normal fitting with a collar.

10 hours ago, DrJones said:

I use EKWB for the water blocks, but I'm not exactly asking for a sli solution, I'm just curious to know what the advantage of these other fittings are to a normal fitting with a collar.

Well, the ones without collar are just push in and go. I don't see any reason why the thicker one would have an advantage to fittings with a collar because it has 2 o-rings build inside. The thinner one is more risky to use as it has just 1 o-ring and would leak faster if the tubing is not pushed in correctly.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Ok, well in that case, I'll just stick to my collared ones. Thanks!