Hisense 4k 55in Vs 60in 1080p

Podo

I am looking to upgrade my 4 year old Best Buy Insignia brand 39in 1080p tv to something more up to date.  So pretty much anything.  My local Microcenter has a few Hisense 55in 4k TVs which have been refurbed, they are going to for 429.99.  I know price tends to be quality when it comes to electronics but I am not a avid "videophile" and I want to avoid a SmartTV cause this screen will be connected to my PC as a second screen/media screen or to play my xbox one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889290045&cm_re=hisense-_-89-290-045-_-Product

I saw BitWit (formerly know as AwesomeSauceNetwork) do a video on their 50in 4k tv.  He made a comment that Hisense is the company which purchased Sharp so quality may be determined similar.  And even when lowering expectations and playing with some "performance settings" you could get away with moderate gaming, but nothing truely flashy or High FPS due to the simple fact it is a TV panel.

As it stands I could buy a mid-range 50-60in 1080p tv for a few dollars less or get this budget 4k.  Or sure save up for a really nice Samsung or LG but I'm not interested in paying 1k for an experience I'm not going to use. i.e. smart tv and a slightly better panel.

Emerald Shade: i7-4790k -  2x360rad Custom Water Cooled Loop  - MSI Krait SLI - Corsair Vengence Pro 2x8gb 2400 - OCZ RD400 512Gb - Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3Tb HDD - EVGA 1080 GTX FTW DT - InWin 303 - EVGA G2 850 - Win 10