Comparison of different camera systems

3 hours ago, ALwin said:

So how do you feel using such a camera compared to using DSLRs?

It certainly is a different experience from filming with my Canon 5D's.  The image quality looks great, but I am still exploring using different resolutions and the different gamma modes.  I have a experienced DP who's excited about the camera and we're doing various test shots together.

I'm also watching the Doug Jensen video guides which are very helpful, the camera is so advanced.

6 hours ago, geomi neun babo said:

It certainly is a different experience from filming with my Canon 5D's.  The image quality looks great, but I am still exploring using different resolutions and the different gamma modes.  I have a experienced DP who's excited about the camera and we're doing various test shots together.

I'm also watching the Doug Jensen video guides which are very helpful, the camera is so advanced.

These cameras are really capable of doing more things than a DSLR rig.  Try CineEI mode if you haven't done so, it will blow you away when you have to start editing and grading.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 9:31 PM, ALwin said:

These cameras are really capable of doing more things than a DSLR rig.  Try CineEI mode if you haven't done so, it will blow you away when you have to start editing and grading.

We used CineEI mode to film our lasts two projects.  The FS7 is a great camera and I can't wait for CVP to deliver mine this week.

2 hours ago, geomi neun babo said:

We used CineEI mode to film our lasts two projects.  The FS7 is a great camera and I can't wait for CVP to deliver mine this week.

I love shooting with CineEI and color grading in post.  Recently a fellow DP and I shot a lot of stuff with CineEI and used the Lumetri panel in Premiere so that each video we were producing would have a different grading that matched the feeling we wanted to convey.  The flat looking image of CineEI made it easy to do.

Hope you get your camera soon.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 hour ago, geomi neun babo said:

My FS7 finally arrived.FS7.jpg

Fantastic.  Congratulations man, you're going to love using that camera.

No love for ARRI Alexa XT?

I've only seen people on this part of the forum talking about Sony, Canon, Blackmagic and of course RED which is being spoken of everywhere.

17 minutes ago, cmdrhomer said:

No love for ARRI Alexa XT?

I've only seen people on this part of the forum talking about Sony, Canon, Blackmagic and of course RED which is being spoken of everywhere.

That's because an Arri is above the budget of most of us to purchase, instead those who like Arri will rent them when needed.  I'll rent Sony F5, F55, Canon C300, C500, RED cameras, etc. when I need them.  They are too pricey for me to own.

On 9/17/2016 at 0:52 AM, ALwin said:

That's because an Arri is above the budget of most of us to purchase, instead those who like Arri will rent them when needed.  I'll rent Sony F5, F55, Canon C300, C500, RED cameras, etc. when I need them.  They are too pricey for me to own.

I wouldn't be able to afford an ARRI unless I landed a big budget project, but even then it will be rented.

On 9/16/2016 at 1:57 AM, ALwin said:

Fantastic.  Congratulations man, you're going to love using that camera.

I'm already in love with it.  I'll post some stuff filmed with it when I get the time.