Kenny Baker, the man behind R2-D2, dies at age 83

DevilishBooster

Today is a sad day for the Sci-Fi community, and Star Wars in particular. Kenny Baker passed away in his sleep after a long illness. 

His niece, Abigail Shield, paid tribute to her uncle. She told the Guardian: “It was expected, but it’s sad nonetheless. He had a very long and fulfilled life. He brought lots of happiness to people and we’ll be celebrating the fact that he was well loved throughout the world. We’re all very proud of what he achieved in his lifetime.”

I have always wanted to build a working Astomech droid and I have been slowly working on learning programming and collecting little robotics projects to build my skills; so, if I ever have the ability/money to do so, I think I'm going to name it K2-B2, in honor of Mr Baker. 

Sad Beep.gif

Sauce: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/13/kenny-baker-r2-d2-dies-star-wars

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Never really been into Star Wars/Sci Fi. Still disappointing nonetheless. Rest in peace.

Nothing.