Do I need a Shock Mount?

Crazie_Flash

If I make Minecraft videos all day, will I need a shock mount for my microphone?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. If I make Minecraft videos all day, will I need a shock mount for my microphone?

• Yes
    • No

A shock mount prevents vibrations and noise coming to the microphone like if you accidently hit your desk, or the boom arm, so you may want to get it if you can find one for cheap.

There are ebay shock mounts or other ones from music stores for very cheap, they would be important for you I guess since there's keyboard claks and mouse clicks and movements and arm movements on the desk, so the shock mount will mitigate those vibration from traveling to the mic.

Keyboard claks especially are pretty annoying...

www.shawngmusic.com

you dont need a very expensive shock mount, if you find a cheap one, go for it. but just be careful not to bump your desk/mic  when recording. Also, what mic do you have?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2016 at 5:43 AM, dorirot9 said:

you dont need a very expensive shock mount, if you find a cheap one, go for it. but just be careful not to bump your desk/mic  when recording. Also, what mic do you have?

going for a snowball

You won't need one, but it will improve minor vibration sounds. i'd say wait a while and if people complain about audio get one.

and if you want one because you can get one, get a cheap one :D