New gaming rig

This is my projected Gaming build, I currently based this on aesthetics Red/Black scheme, i require a minimum of 4 usb ports, and one optical audio connector. I also want it to be a near silent computer that can blow anything out of the water. For now this is what i found during a few hours of looking at parts, my budget is around 1800 euros and the current build you see is 1560€ 

Msi H170A gaming pro Motherboard 144 

Msi GTX 1070 Gaming x 8gb

Intel I5 6600 3.3ghz

Be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3

Be quiet! Silent Base 800

HyperX Fury 16gb DDR4 2400MHz CL15

Seasonic P-660 platinum 80+ platinum

Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500 Gb

An excellent build! Just use the stock cooler, a dark Rock pro 3 is wayyy too overkill for a 6600. And where is a conventional mechanical HDD? That is a must have

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

10 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

An excellent build! Just use the stock cooler, a dark Rock pro 3 is wayyy too overkill for a 6600. And where is a conventional mechanical HDD? That is a must have

i have a HDD in my current build, i will reuse it in the future, so there is no need to buy a new one, unless i need more space, but since i will be using a 500gb SSD i dont think that would be necessary.

As for the cooler i decided on the dark rock pro 3 for sound levels mainly, not cooling specially, i currently have a loud system and i cant stand it anymore :P

You build is good but you are spending way to much money on a case , cooler, SSD, PSU than CPU & GPU

For CPU and MoBo iam going with I5 6600K with MSI Z170 Krait , so that you can O.C your CPU. For GPU i am going with GTX 1080. This PC is based on black/white Theme.  I am using PC part picker list  for this build.

PCPartPicker part list: http://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/swyf9W

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€249.99 @ Amazon France)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V VER.2 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€49.99 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€139.72 @ Amazon France)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (€87.60 @ Amazon France)
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€74.29 @ Amazon France)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card  (€749.99 @ Amazon France)
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case  (€90.30 @ Amazon France)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€90.79 @ Amazon France)

Total: €1532.67

25 minutes ago, amit523dutta said:

You build is good but you are spending way to much money on a case , cooler, SSD, PSU than CPU & GPU

For CPU and MoBo iam going with I5 6600K with MSI Z170 Krait , so that you can O.C your CPU. For GPU i am going with GTX 1080. This PC is based on black/white Theme.  I am using PC part picker list  for this build.

PCPartPicker part list: http://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/swyf9W

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€249.99 @ Amazon France)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V VER.2 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€49.99 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€139.72 @ Amazon France)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (€87.60 @ Amazon France)
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€74.29 @ Amazon France)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card  (€749.99 @ Amazon France)
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case  (€90.30 @ Amazon France)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€90.79 @ Amazon France)

Total: €1532.67

thing is i wont bother with OC i really dont care about it, i have my current pc overclocked and it honestly doesnt feel like much of a difference went from 3.2ghz to 4ghz. as for case i wanted something that was big, quiet and that i could use in the future for a full watercooled system and really fell in love with the silent base 800. ill agree on the PSU, and as for the gpu i dont need the 1080, id rather spend a bit less now and have some money for a further down the road upgrades

Something like a Cooler Master Evo 212 would be fine for the cpu cooler.

EVGA G2 550W should be cheaper than the Seasonic and it is a very good psu. You also have the Corsair RMx/RMi as well.

Get 2133MHz ram if it is cheaper.

2 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

1. The guy said he wanted a quiet computer. The stock cooler is not "quiet". On the other hand, I do agree that the Dark Rock Pro 3 is way overkill for a non-overclocked build. (And so is the Hyper 212)

If not overclocking, a smaller cooler such as a CM Hyper 101/T4/103 or similar is a bit cheaper, not as heavy (as a 212, for less strain on the mobo), and much quieter than stock. A large cooler such as the DRP3 or the Hyper 212 may run a few (~5) degrees cooler, but that doesn't actually make any difference.

2. There is no need for a mechanical HDD unless you tend to store tons of DVD images or whatever. A 500 Gig SSD is enough for most people. (A 500Gig HDD was basically standard not that long ago)

My current build has a 128Gig M.2 for the OS and a 500Gig SATA SSD (Samsung) for everything else and no SSD. :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

2 hours ago, Quaker said:

There is no need for a mechanical HDD unless you tend to store tons of DVD images or whatever. A 500 Gig SSD is enough for most people. (A 500Gig HDD was basically standard not that long ago)

My current build has a 128Gig M.2 for the OS and a 500Gig SATA SSD (Samsung) for everything else and no SSD. :)

That is a first

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I originally had a 128Gig SATA SSD but when I did my latest build I used an M.2.

The 128Gig SATA SSD is now in my wife's computer. She only does e-mail, websurfing, etc, - no gaming - so the 128Gig SSD is the only storage in her computer. She also has no hard drive - only the SSD. (For comparison, our tablets and phones also don't have an HDD. :) )

People tend to over-estimate there storage needs. Not that long ago the average computer came with a 120 to 200Gig HDD and people didn't fill that. At that time, a 500Gid HDD was considered "large".

Just because you can now get a 1TB or larger HDD, doesn't mean you actually need it. :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

On 7/24/2016 at 5:47 PM, Quaker said:

2. There is no need for a mechanical HDD unless you tend to store tons of DVD images or whatever. A 500 Gig SSD is enough for most people. (A 500Gig HDD was basically standard not that long ago)

This is true, as i currently have a laptop that has about 700gb storage and im using around 200 or maybe 300, however for my desktop since i do some video editing and the original videos take up lots of space i do require a bit of storage, plus most games nowadays are becoming quite large themselves,around 9-15gb.

On another note i do agree that the dark rock pro3 is overkill but i've always been somewhat of a maniac over having my cpu the coolest possible :) so im looking for a quiet yet very effective cpu cooler so my pc wont go past the 30degree mark while idle ^^

My current pc doesnt go past the 50 degree mark while under heavy gaming, cooled with the very first corsair h60 but with an antec fan that is annoying to hear so it generally is running at half speed

I was also considering maybe changing the SSD for a M.2 would it really be worth it? in terms of speed difference ofc

On 7/24/2016 at 5:16 PM, lee32uk said:

Something like a Cooler Master Evo 212 would be fine for the cpu cooler.

EVGA G2 550W should be cheaper than the Seasonic and it is a very good psu. You also have the Corsair RMx/RMi as well.

Get 2133MHz ram if it is cheaper.

I think id rather go for a corsair than EVGA, i currently have two EVGA GPUs and one of them has died, im slightly disappointed in their build quality too.

44 minutes ago, MrMonocleGaming said:

I think id rather go for a corsair than EVGA, i currently have two EVGA GPUs and one of them has died, im slightly disappointed in their build quality too.

Go with a Corsair RMx or RMi then.

47 minutes ago, MrMonocleGaming said:

I was also considering maybe changing the SSD for a M.2 would it really be worth it? in terms of speed difference ofc

It won't really make a difference tbh if it is just for gaming.  

11 hours ago, lee32uk said:

It won't really make a difference tbh if it is just for gaming.  

i do also do some video editting thats why i might consider it, i mean if it only shaves off 1-2 mins off the rendering or wtv then there is no point

5 minutes ago, MrMonocleGaming said:

i do also do some video editting thats why i might consider it, i mean if it only shaves off 1-2 mins off the rendering or wtv then there is no point

If you are working with large files then yeah it can help. 

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

If you are working with large files then yeah it can help. 

yeah but to what extent would it help. if its less than 5 mins then i dont think its worth it, but if it cuts about 10 mins then thats a different story :)

5 hours ago, MrMonocleGaming said:

yeah but to what extent would it help. if its less than 5 mins then i dont think its worth it, but if it cuts about 10 mins then thats a different story :)

I honestly have no idea on how much faster (Time wise) it would be. If you are only doing casual video editing then the 750 EVO or 850 EVO will do fine.