How To Get Cellular Data?

chikencs

As the title says, I am an idiot and don't know how to hook up data to my iPhone 5C. I do know I need a sim card, and apparantly a carrier (I use Rogers), but how do I actually go along in getting data? I will be buying a sim card for sure but I'm still completely lost in how to get data. Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is the wrong forum-area. Do I have to go to best buy and buy the sim card, or do I specifically go to the Rogers store (my carrier) and ask them to hook it up?

the best bet is going into a Rogers store and telling them what you want, and they will give you a good deal

well you need a SIM card if you're gonna use cellular data. make sure you ask for a SIM card that works for the 5C. 

So I can't just go buy a sim card? I have to get it activated?

2 minutes ago, RileyGav said:

So I can't just go buy a sim card? I have to get it activated?

It comes activated when you buy it from the store, the sim card will have settings set by the provider, such has having unlimited text or only 1000 messages. 

or having 2gb of data and so on.

I do recomend going to the store because they will choose the right sim for you. 

I think going to the store is just safer. Im no expert on data, but unless you have a tracfone (or something of that sort), I dont think the sim card controls data, but as I said, im no expert.