Asus over surge

So I wanted to ask here cause I'm not getting much elsewhere. I recently built a new computer and for a few weeks I had no issues but all of a sudden when I boot up my computer I am prompted with a warning that Asus over surge protection triggered due to over voltage. Normally I would RMA the psu but its not like its shutting down my computer. I have had no issues with the computer actually and if I reboot my system it doesn't happen and it seems to only happen if I shut down fully and then start it. Anyone got any idea whats up?

"Over-voltage protection is kicking in, what's happening guys?"

Jokes aside, do you have another PSU you'd be able to test with that motherboard?

If not, then I'd probably trust what the board is telling you, and look into either getting your PSU tested, or RMA'd.

Assuming  your psu is ok, did you try disabling the over surge protection? I was having the same issue on my pc which is barely 3 weeks old. On every cold boot I would get that warning message as well. After disabling the option the problem went away. 
Some people think that the protection is way too sensitive, who knows? I have a decent ups with line conditioning so i dont need more protection on my mb.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

I know I am able to do that, I was just looking for other peoples opinions on it. the psu is a brand new EVGA G2 supernova 750watt and I'm pretty sure its fine. Nothing strange has happened and I have still been using it for almost 2 weeks now.

4 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

"Over-voltage protection is kicking in, what's happening guys?"

Jokes aside, do you have another PSU you'd be able to test with that motherboard?

If not, then I'd probably trust what the board is telling you, and look into either getting your PSU tested, or RMA'd.

I do and probably should. Suppose it would be dumb to fry the computer over being lazy. 

3 minutes ago, Renvolt said:

I know I am able to do that, I was just looking for other peoples opinions on it. the psu is a brand new EVGA G2 supernova 750watt and I'm pretty sure its fine. Nothing strange has happened and I have still been using it for almost 2 weeks now.

i have that psu i would contact evga since its probably a big issue also  it can be the MB is at fault also but im leaning towards the psu

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Tested removing my overclock to see if it happens on stock settings and it still does. It never happens from a reboot but it seems to always happen from a cold boot. Ill take Sages advice and try my old psu in the morning and see what happens. Thanks guys. 

check all the connectors, make sure none of them is melted...

click on the PSU link in my signature to read a story

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

check all the connectors, make sure none of them is melted...

click on the PSU link in my signature to read a story

Ouch man, that must have sucked when that happened. Everything looks fine but we will see what happens after I install my old 900watt from my old rig that was running sli 970s 

1 minute ago, Renvolt said:

Ouch man, that must have sucked when that happened. Everything looks fine but we will see what happens after I install my old 900watt from my old rig that was running sli 970s 

yeah that wasn't pleasant, but fortunately protections were triggering on both motherboard and PSU left and right, so no collateral damage ))

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Tested my old PSU today and its still happening. So I'm assuming its something with the motherboard at this point.