Which Wacom tablet should I get?

I'm getting pretty good at sketching, and I think it's time I switched from paper to a drawing tablet(I can't stand the marks that get left behind by my eraser). After doing a little research, I've found that the Intuos Art Small seems like the best candidate. However, after seeing that the Pro Small has things like a pen with tilt recognition and twice the pressure levels, I'm wondering if I should save up the extra $150 for it.

Are those features really worth it? I plan on mostly sketching and photo touch-ups.

Also, I've heard that the old Intuos Pen & Touch is basically the Intuos Art, but it has a stylus with an eraser: something the Art's doesn't have. Should I just get that instead?

7 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

I'm getting pretty good at sketching, and I think it's time I switched from paper to a drawing tablet(I can't stand the marks that get left behind by my eraser). After doing a little research, I've found that the Intuos Art Small seems like the best candidate. However, after seeing that the Pro Small has things like a pen with tilt recognition and twice the pressure levels, I'm wondering if I should save up the extra $150 for it.

Are those features really worth it? I plan on mostly sketching and photo touch-ups.

Also, I've heard that the old Intuos Pen & Touch is basically the Intuos Art, but it has a stylus with an eraser: something the Art's doesn't have. Should I just get that instead?

I have the Pen & Touch and it has served me well. However I draw mostly for fun. You will never, ever use the touch function because it's basically useless. Get the Pen and Touch if you can get a good deal on it and then save up for the larger ones. (That's what I'm doing because 1440p and a tiny Intuos don't play nice.) (The scaling is awful)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1 minute ago, TheGhzGuy said:

I have the Pen & Touch and it has served me well. However I draw mostly for fun. You will never, ever use the touch function because it's basically useless. Get the Pen and Touch if you can get a good deal on it and then save up for the larger ones. (That's what I'm doing because 1440p and a tiny Intuos don't play nice.) (The scaling is awful)

Isn't the touch function used for rotating your canvas?

Also, I can get a Pen & Touch Small for $89 on Amazon. Though, the Medium is only $125. I'll probably just go for the Small like you said. I have a 1080p screen, so I doubt scaling will be that big of a problem.

2 hours ago, fireclaw316 said:

Isn't the touch function used for rotating your canvas?

Also, I can get a Pen & Touch Small for $89 on Amazon. Though, the Medium is only $125. I'll probably just go for the Small like you said. I have a 1080p screen, so I doubt scaling will be that big of a problem.

Scaling  on 1080p is perfectly fine.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 hours ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Scaling  on 1080p is perfectly fine.

The tablet I was looking at actually wasn't the cheapest refurbished Pen & Touch. I'm getting one for $60.

28 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

The tablet I was looking at actually wasn't the cheapest refurbished Pen & Touch. I'm getting one for $60.

That's a pretty great deal!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock