Camera mainly for video

hi,

i want to buy a camera mainly for video-recording.

My needs: most of the time i will record in darker rooms/buildings or in buildings with high contrasts like the pictures in the attachment.

I also want to record interviews.

It would be great if the camera is also able to shoot in 4K@24fps.

I found the Panasonic G70 and it seems to have a very good price-performance ratio.

But i have nearly no knowledge about what lense i should buy for my needs and also if the Panasonic would be a good choice.

Form factor of the camera is no criteria for me.

Any recommendations? Any help is very appreciated.

serveimage.jpeg

serveimage1.jpeg

budget... yes... i forgot, sorry:

about 500-850$

12 minutes ago, cisto1999 said:

budget... yes... i forgot, sorry:

about 500-850$

Does this budget include buying accessories that are not camera or lenses?  Working with video requires a bit more accessories than photography.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

25 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Budget? For low light look at something like a canon 6d for the large sensor.

In that sort of lighting situation, I'd look for a camera capable of a wide dynamic range than super high ISO capability.  If the camera can go to ISO 12800 or 25600 max, it should be more than enough while of course higher capability would be better.  But the priority should be dynamic range capability than ISO.

Cameras like the Canon 6D get tested for the dynamic range of their JPG and RAW image files, but I wonder how they fare when it comes to video.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Try to find a used Sony A7S, this will only work if you dont need any accessorys in that budget though. And even that might be hard to find it within that budget but it is known to be quite good for low light.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

The Sony A7S is out of my budget-range... and i am not a professional... 

I just want to buy the best possible camera for my needs within this price-range of 500-850 $ (lense included).

4 hours ago, ALwin said:

In that sort of lighting situation, I'd look for a camera capable of a wide dynamic range than super high ISO capability.  If the camera can go to ISO 12800 or 25600 max, it should be more than enough while of course higher capability would be better.  But the priority should be dynamic range capability than ISO.

Cameras like the Canon 6D get tested for the dynamic range of their JPG and RAW image files, but I wonder how they fare when it comes to video.

Its more than the iso range, its how it preforms at said iso. It doesn't matter if a camera could go to 400k iso if you can't use it.

I have graded footage from a 6d and it was nice, but haven't used it too much, but what what ive read its pretty good at low light(about the same as a 5d3),

On 30 May 2016 at 3:23 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Its more than the iso range, its how it preforms at said iso. It doesn't matter if a camera could go to 400k iso if you can't use it.

I have graded footage from a 6d and it was nice, but haven't used it too much, but what what ive read its pretty good at low light(about the same as a 5d3),

I agree that it depends on the performance of the camera at a given ISO, however most cameras these days perform quite nicely even at ISO 6400-12800.  But for the scene in the images posted by the OP, where there is an extreme difference between the brightness of the scene out the windows and indoors, having a camera with a better dynamic range and latitude is preferable.

On 29.5.2016 at 10:03 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Budget? For low light look at something like a canon 6d for the large sensor.

The is no big benefit from a big sensor due to line skipping scaling and additional the 6D's sensor is not so good.