First Loop Want Minimal Downtime

I'm planning on upgrading my current machine to become a full watercooled loop. I need some advise on how i can minimize my downtime

Specs that will be in the loop:
Case:
Corsair 750D High Airflow
CPU: 
Intel I7-4790K
MB:
Z97 MSI gaming 7
RAM:
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (I believe 2400 MHz) - can't seem to get it to run at the clocked speed
SSD: 
SanDisk Extreme Pro 2 x 240 GB (OS and programs) RAID 0 (weekly backup for safety)
~Part of upgrade SanDisk Extreme Pro 2 x 480 GB RAID 0 - intended for video editing to speed up renders and stability 
(backup as work is done and off load when video is complete)
HDD: 
Seagate 2 x 5TB
Seagate 2 x 6TB (one will be moved out for plex media server and storage on old dell machine so this one doesn't stay on 24/7)
GPU: 
2 x ASUS Strix GTX 970
PSU: 
Corsair RM650 (will be upgrading to Corsair AX860i later this year)

Water Cooling components:
Radiators: 
1 alpha cool 280
1 alpha cool 360
Res/pump combo:
EK res3 with d5 pump
Blocks:
EK surpremecy EVO Acetal+Nickel
EK-FC970 GTX Strix Acetal+Nickel x 2
EK-FC970 GTX Strix Backplate - Black x 2
Tubing:
Bitspower ridge tubing 10/12
Fittings:
Bitspower ridged compression straight fittings 12

I will need some help overclocking

• Mix the coolant beforehand if you're coloring it
  • Have tools you'll need (screwdriver, drill, Isopropyl Alcohol, funnel if necessary) ready
  • Take stuff out of packaging beforehand. That stuff is a freaking pain.
  • Screw any fittings you can in beforehand
  • Pre-measure run length if you can

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

8 minutes ago, geoffreymmoore said:

I'm planning on upgrading my current machine to become a full watercooled loop. I need some advise on how i can minimize my downtime

Specs that will be in the loop:
Case:
Corsair 750D High Airflow
CPU: 
Intel I7-4790K
MB:
Z97 MSI gaming 7
RAM:
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (I believe 2400 MHz) - can't seem to get it to run at the clocked speed
SSD: 
SanDisk Extreme Pro 2 x 240 GB (OS and programs) RAID 0 (weekly backup for safety)
~Part of upgrade SanDisk Extreme Pro 2 x 480 GB RAID 0 - intended for video editing to speed up renders and stability 
(backup as work is done and off load when video is complete)
HDD: 
Seagate 2 x 5TB
Seagate 2 x 6TB (one will be moved out for plex media server and storage on old dell machine so this one doesn't stay on 24/7)
GPU: 
2 x ASUS Strix GTX 970
PSU: 
Corsair RM650 (will be upgrading to Corsair AX860i later this year)

Water Cooling components:
Radiators: 
1 alpha cool 280
1 alpha cool 360
Res/pump combo:
EK res3 with d5 pump
Blocks:
EK surpremecy EVO Acetal+Nickel
EK-FC970 GTX Strix Acetal+Nickel x 2
EK-FC970 GTX Strix Backplate - Black x 2
Tubing:
Bitspower ridge tubing 10/12
Fittings:
Bitspower ridged compression straight fittings 12

I will need some help overclocking

I am only planning to water cool my processor but I think just do what's usually the procedure for doing a water cooled system. Install all water blocks, connect all of them with tubing, and connect pump, rad, and res. After that, it's just to fill and use, I think(don't forget to install fan and connect pump header. And you also have to ground some parts in the 24 pin mobo connector to fill the res). I don't do water loops, just modular water coolers so I don't know much but from Linus's vids, that's it. (if this wasn't helpful, I tried. Just watch Linus's water cool vids or jayztwocents. he only does water cool)

12 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:
  • Mix the coolant beforehand if you're coloring it
  • Have tools you'll need (screwdriver, drill, Isopropyl Alcohol, funnel if necessary) ready
  • Take stuff out of packaging beforehand. That stuff is a freaking pain.
  • Screw any fittings you can in beforehand
  • Pre-measure run length if you can
  • I have the coolant premixed since i just got the the Mayhems - Blood Red
  • My tools are at the ready and have gotten all accessories I might need just in case something comes up
  • Packaging is a funny story in itself. I didn't get to actually open everything myself. Had issues during shipping so Performance PCs had to open everything already to verify everything was alright
  • When it comes to the fittings I already planned on installing the threaded portion before starting to run any tubing
  • When it comes to the runs that is more where I'm needing some help, haven't really messed with the ridged tubing and would like to have my first loop look as clean as possible since it will be displayed on a regular basis

18 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

I am only planning to water cool my processor but I think just do what's usually the procedure for doing a water cooled system. Install all water blocks, connect all of them with tubing, and connect pump, rad, and res. After that, it's just to fill and use, I think(don't forget to install fan and connect pump header. And you also have to ground some parts in the 24 pin mobo connector to fill the res). I don't do water loops, just modular water coolers so I don't know much but from Linus's vids, that's it. (if this wasn't helpful, I tried. Just watch Linus's water cool vids or jayztwocents. he only does water cool)

I've been watching JayzTwoCents for quite a while before I pulled the trigger on actually going for a full water cooled loop. because of where I live the Corsair H100i GTX is just not working for me. I'm trying to get all my parts as cool as possible before I start OC my components. 

If this is your first hardline build, I hope you got about 5 meters of tubing to allow for your inevitable screwups. haha

I needed an entire day to get my run set up, but I have 2 separate radiators, one in the back and one up front. 

I got 5 meters to be safe. I've got one radiator up top and one in the front since those are the only places I can fit larger radiators.