Cheap Nassing'

I have a 3 3.5 inch drives at about 500 gb each - I was wondering if theres a cheap casing out there that I could just plug and play - so to say. Compatable with win 10 - Weekly backups if possible. Thanks.

Cheap!

Hi.

13 hours ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

~snip~

Hey :)

If you have a USB port on your router you can use it with a simple external enclosure for the drives you already have. This way you can share the data on the HDDs with everyone on the network with the proper settings.

Other than that you can look for a NAS that can be purchased empty and use those drives in it. One example would be WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

If you just want to connect the three drives to a single Windows 10 computer you don't really need a NAS but rather a simple external enclosure. If you have space in the computer's case you can place them there unless you are using them solely for backups. :)

A bit more details would be useful :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

5 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Hey :)

If you have a USB port on your router you can use it with a simple external enclosure for the drives you already have. This way you can share the data on the HDDs with everyone on the network with the proper settings.

Other than that you can look for a NAS that can be purchased empty and use those drives in it. One example would be WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

If you just want to connect the three drives to a single Windows 10 computer you don't really need a NAS but rather a simple external enclosure. If you have space in the computer's case you can place them there unless you are using them solely for backups. :)

A bit more details would be useful :)

Captain_WD.

I have one windows 10 PC to myself and 3 others on the network [ALL WIN 10]

I have 3 500 GB drives and im wanting to raid them if possible [5]

Most of my PC's in the houses are LAPTOPs AKA the need for a NAS.

I could plug them into my router however I realise that I cannot RAID the drives when I attach them.

If you know a way that I can RAID them then that'll be great. Thanks!

~Pxn

Hi.

Icy dock and stick them in one of your computers and load something like windows / unraid / nas4free and call it a day.