Dell Optiplex 755 DT Motherboard to different case?

n00bmlg

Would this be possible? I have an extra Dell case I can use, would it fit in that?

Should work, just remember to take out the io shield in the other case or you will be very frustrated trying to put the mobo in the new case. Also just make sure the mobo standoffs in the other case (or the screw holes) match that of your motherboard

That computer looks to have a proprietary form factor, so I wouldn't try it with any any case that take standard form factor motherboards. 

Just now, Frosty said:

That computer looks to have a proprietary form factor, so I wouldn't try it with any any case that take standard form factor motherboards. 

I have a full size GTX 320 case, would it fit in there?(and just to clarify, I'm switching cases so I can get a better PSU)

2 minutes ago, n00bmlg said:

I have a full size GTX 320 case, would it fit in there?(and just to clarify, I'm switching cases so I can get a better PSU)

Hm, did you mean an Optiplex GX 320? I think it may fit then. It looks like it uses the same expansion-ports-at-the-top style motherboard. 

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Hm, did you mean an Optiplex GX 320? I think it may fit then. It looks like it uses the same expansion-ports-at-the-top style motherboard. 

Yeah I meant optiplex, I got mixed up :P

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I put the motherboard in the 320 case :)......the only problem is that the temperature sensor is broken so the fan constantly runs at max speed and that I had to put the power button in one of the expansion slots