External floppy drive enclosure

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

Are there external floppy drive enclosures that you can buy? I have a bunch of old 1.44 MB disks I'd like to go through and see if I can find any neat utilities and/or games to tinker with in DOSbox. It would be funny to type up a paper or note in a DOS word processor in the year 2016.  

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

whats a floppy drive?

is it a pre-hard drive thing? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jk, here you go

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

whats a floppy drive?

is it a pre-hard drive thing? o.O

jk, here you go

Are there enclosures instead of just external drives? I imagine that would be cheaper since I already have internal drives. 

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

3 minutes ago, Electronix said:

Are there enclosures instead of just external drives? I imagine that would be cheaper since I already have internal drives. 

u mean internal drives?

unless your computer have PATA connection, you wont be able to use them im afraid

unless they made SATA floppy disk drives, or your computer have PATA `-`

even if your computer have pata, your psu might not have the power cable for floppy drives (some of them dont lol)

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

u mean internal drives?

unless your computer have PATA connection, you wont be able to use them im afraid

unless they made SATA floppy disk drives, or your computer have PATA `-`

even if your computer have pata, your psu might not have the power cable for floppy drives (some of them dont lol)

My motherboard and PSU won't have the proper connections for a floppy drive. That's why I'm asking if there are enclosures similar to an external hard drive or optical drive enclosure that would enable me to work around that. 

1 minute ago, Electronix said:

enclosures

i dont get you, isnt what you're saying is an external floppy disk drive thats connected with usb? aka the first one i linked?

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i dont get you, isnt what you're saying is an external floppy disk drive thats connected with usb? aka the first one i linked?

Are you familiar with enclosures for optical drives and hard drives? I'm asking if there is something similar to that. 

2 minutes ago, Electronix said:

Are you familiar with enclosures for optical drives and hard drives? I'm asking if there is something similar to that. 

maybe a picture? coz i really dont understand, sry

is it a hard drive bay? but optical drives dont come with bay `-`

If anyone else can give some links to good sites that would sell what I'm looking for then please do. 

2 hours ago, Electronix said:

If anyone else can give some links to good sites that would sell what I'm looking for then please do. 

Looks like you are Out of luck, i can not find any anywhere.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."