Grayed-out F@H Interface

So, I leave my rig folding 24/7... have had no issues for months! I have moved my rig to a new case and now have this unprecedented issue whereby my folding will stop midway through the day, without BSOD, and when I next chekc up on the client, it doesn't even allow my to right-click and interact with the process...yet takes up resources. I end said FAH client, and reopen (with admin privileges), and get a grayed-out, non-functioning (unconfigured) UI. Monitoring SW has both, my GPU and CPU hitting 74-ish 'C max, so I'm thinking thermals cannot be an issue, as that is below the T-junction of both pieces of hardware), but I am now wondering if there is a software-related issue occurring that causes this to happen. It is a non-recoverable situation (as far as I have been able to tell) and the only thing that can resume the folding is by restarting the whole system. (didn't even run long enough today to finish a WU)

Anyone with similar circumstances that have been resolved? Much assistance needed!

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

4 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

So, I leave my rig folding 24/7... have had no issues for months! I have moved my rig to a new case and now have this unprecedented issue whereby my folding will stop midway through the day, without BSOD, and when I next chekc up on the client, it doesn't even allow my to right-click and interact with the process...yet takes up resources. I end said FAH client, and reopen (with admin privileges), and get a grayed-out, non-functioning (unconfigured) UI. Monitoring SW has both, my GPU and CPU hitting 74-ish 'C max, so I'm thinking thermals cannot be an issue, as that is below the T-junction of both pieces of hardware), but I am now wondering if there is a software-related issue occurring that causes this to happen. It is a non-recoverable situation (as far as I have been able to tell) and the only thing that can resume the folding is by restarting the whole system. (didn't even run long enough today to finish a WU)

Anyone with similar circumstances that have been resolved? Much assistance needed!

I noticed that I had a UI similar to what you are describing after updating to one of the recent Geforce drivers but I haven't attempted to fix it yet, have been to busy with other things.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

What I see...

Capture.PNG

Have you tried uninstalling the client? Also what graphics card and driver are you using? There was a post I just read about adriver for nvidia, something like 364.xxx that was causing performance issues. That could be it

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Well, i would love to help, but it seems we haven't found 

a surefire solution for this, as you can see in the previous

similar thread.

It appears that your folding client is disconnecting for some

reason though, then it fails to connect again.

Check antivurses, firewalls and such, that you have made 

all the exceptions necessary. Also try launching the client

as admin.

When this happens you should be able to manually kill

all folding related tasks in the task manager, then just 

re-launch the client normally, it should in principle connect

again.

On 4/23/2016 at 9:32 AM, tobben said:

Well, i would love to help, but it seems we haven't found 

a surefire solution for this, as you can see in the previous

similar thread.

It appears that your folding client is disconnecting for some

reason though, then it fails to connect again.

Check antivurses, firewalls and such, that you have made 

all the exceptions necessary. Also try launching the client

as admin.

When this happens you should be able to manually kill

all folding related tasks in the task manager, then just 

re-launch the client normally, it should in principle connect

again.

@tobben, I apologize for not having seen the previous thread first. Seems these Corex21 units are just too much for my 780 in its new case. Thermals violate some kind of threshold and cause the process to crash... seeing a direct correlation here. Whole folding client crashes when GPU violates thermals, CPU never has any issues,. but again, will stop folding when the client itself crashes to this state. (no BSOD)

This issue happens to me some times, I reset the PC, and it fixes the issue for a few weeks.