Problem with my motherboard? Or just old Gear?

Ascar21

First off, I am to young to have a job so please don't tell me to get one....I live in the country with 3 neighbors.....

I have a Foxconn975x7aa MB, a Pentium D 945 3.4ghz, HD Radeon 4850 by ASUS, the Hyper 212 evo CPU cooler, 4gb of ddr2 675mhz quimonda RAM, Diablotek 575W power supply, Seagate barracuda 500gb hard drive, and the Zalman Z11 ATX mid-tower Computer case

I have only had this for about 2 months since I upgraded from a dell dimension e510 desktop. I was wondering.....I have many games that I bought but most of them are VERY laggy almost to the point where it is unplayable.....My friend who has an ASUS 1155 MB made in 2012 that is way newer than my 775 MB that was made in 2006 :'(

If I could get enough money by maybe September which would probably be around $150, should I do the entire ram cpu MB upgrade or just a motherboard upgrade but stay in the 775 range.....

Idk what to do when I cant really find work since I'm the only one in my whole town who has a love for computers.....

ANY help would be great thanks!

Email: pizza_plz@hotmail.com

People need to know exactly what games you are playing and at what resolution you are playing them to be more helpful here. More information please.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Maybe a HD 7770 could be a great upgrade, I heard it is not bottlenecked by a Pentium. But you're pc is pretty old to the point where the right choice is probably to wait and buy an other one. Why did you bought a computer that old 2 months ago ? It is because of a budget ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Well your computer does look to have old and slow to today's standard components, and if your on a tight budget, or no budget, i can suggest a few things.

like people on here that do upgrades might be able to give you or just for shipping cost there old but still pretty good components. or might be something on ebay.

I don't have my old motherboard which was a good board running sli 16x 16x deluxe Asus AM3 board, most of the time i give my old stuff to my brother. and so at this time of writing all my old stuff have gone.

one thing you could maybe find new old stock, like warehouse clearance sales, where you would get some good stuff a year or two old stock.

There is some components out there now a few years ago technology but still would be a bout 5 times faster than what you have, you just got to find the deals and make sure everything matches up.

got to love Asus components

I'd recommend that you save up just to buy a new PC as all of your parts are really old.

Good Morning...

Thanks every one! Yes, I do not have any budget as I do not have any form of income other than birthday's or Christmas. My parents think that computers are a waste and I should go and spend this money on college which is still 3 years away.....If anybody is willing to send old parts if I just give the shipping fee great! I have a friend who said he could give me a new 1155 ASUS motherboard, so I already have that taken care of. But I don't have any 1155 processors or DDR3 ram so i'm still looking at a cost of around $120. If you have any processors or RAM that you are about to forget or throw away I will take it gladly! I will pay shipping and whatever other fee is needed. Here is my email: pizza_plz@hotmail.com OR..... austin@sawatsky.org, or you can message me on this site!

Thanks again,

Ascar21

If i could i would as i have a spare PSU, hard drives, fans etc, however its all at my mum's and she lives on the other side of the world, so shipping it to me would cost more than its worth.

so you just need a CPU and Ram??

got to love Asus components

Yes I have everything else perfectly new and able to run faster.....I just need a 1155 CPU and DDR3 ram(I don't really care what size) If I could just get those then I could have a system that could actually play the games I play(Call of duty, Assassins creed 3, Fallout: New Vegas and all the other new games that are coming with minimum requirements that I cannot meet.)

By the way::::::: I live in America so if that helps any I can pay for shipping. Even if you think it is too much please message me and I will take it!

Thanks Everybody!