Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

Sweet  :o

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Thanks for the replies everyone, have to say the positive replies helps me get motivated to complete this build :D

Little shocked when i woke up today and saw no packages had arrived, i was expecting my EK RAM Block & Radiator :(

Maybe Tomorrow...

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

RAM & Secondary Tubing Route

Quite a large update today compared to normal, well actually it should be larger if everything went right today..

So i bought myself a cheap graphics card so i could mount my waterblock on the Titan, but the card arrived dead, so i'll have to go through the process to get another one :(

Decided id pull the trigger and buy myself the EK Monarch RAM Waterblock - Good choice i think, adds extra detail to the tubing route once completed in my opinion.

This is the basic tubing route i intend to go with, i'll still have to spend a bit of time perfectly the tubing lengths once the build is nearing completion.

Also made myself a Himuro Mini 2.5" mounting bracket and once again sprayed with Matte Black paint, fits nice and snug :)

Finished sleeving all three of my current fans, two more to sleeve and route and then the fans are completed.

Few things still required to finish this build, the installation of the Titan Waterblock & I still need to create my PCIE cables :o

You might notice, I'm not much of a fan of too much color ;) The red coolant & Plexiglass blocks will be more than enough once filled with EK Red Coolant.

9wvs.jpg

oxzc.jpg

5nfu.jpg

4106.jpg

nh73.jpg

14e9.jpg

zqur.jpg

jmf4.jpg

4aj4.jpg

eoj0.jpg

This build is getting better and better, and the amazing photos add to the classiness of the build! 

And no worries, I like my builds to be as minimalistic as possible, too. 

Nothing more sexy than a build with just a few colors!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Every time you take pics it gets better :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

This build is getting better and better, and the amazing photos add to the classiness of the build!

And no worries, I like my builds to be as minimalistic as possible, too.

Nothing more sexy than a build with just a few colors!

Thanks mate :)

Yeah never been one for overusing colors within a build :)

Thanks mate :)

Yeah never been one for overusing colors within a build :)

Less is more sometimes ;) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

dude this... ohhhhhhhhhhh.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2133 | AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i | OCZ Vector 256G | 

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition

XFX 750W BEFX

Do you edit your photos before upload? As in colour correction etc. And what camera do you use? :)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Do you edit your photos before upload? As in colour correction etc. And what camera do you use? :)

I do a little photo editing prior to upload, mostly with brightness/levels.

I just use a average point and shoot Sony Cybershot.

I do a little photo editing prior to upload, mostly with brightness/levels.

I just use a average point and shoot Sony Cybershot.

Really? :o Those pictures look way too professional for a point-and-shoot. Good job Sony :)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Titan Installation

Install the graphics card waterblock, one of my pet peeves is cutting all those thermal pads for the memory chips, shame the Titan has 16 of them :(

Overall I'm stoked with the result, i think the block looks excellent within the Mercury S3, and will look even better with Coolant :D

As you can see the majority of the build is black, but with the Polished Plexiglass you'll see massive amounts of red once filled :o

One thing i wasn't happy about was the tubing route from Radiator to GPU - I had to use Bitspower Crystal Link, which i personally hate using, i prefer curved lines rather than straight lines..

adt6.jpg

mp6m.jpg

98u0.jpg

v622.jpg

jbyd.jpg

k15p.jpg

Beautiful :wub:

Really like how clean this looks, cable management and simplicity in colours. Really striking! So looking forward to the coolant :D

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Really? :o Those pictures look way too professional for a point-and-shoot. Good job Sony :)

Just good lighting and a steady hand, some of my pictures are from my Galaxy S4.

Really like how clean this looks, cable management and simplicity in colours. Really striking! So looking forward to the coolant :D

Thanks bud :D

Titan Power :)

A Point - and - shoot can be a little power house ;) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsOxwsFF50c

Small Update

Finishing the last of the PCIE cables today & SATA Power cables and then all complete :D

Awaiting my radiator which I'm expecting sometime this week and then this weekend i'll be filling the loop if all goes to plan :)

Already planning my next build, let's just say it's going to be full of color :)

planning my next build, let's just say it's going to be full of color :)

Color? I like colors... ;)

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Color? I like colors... ;)

Still need to decide which colors ;)

Toight like a Toiger

Ok so I've installed my second 240mm Radiator, along with all the cables.

This is the tightest case I've ever had to work with, doesn't help that I've completely filled the thing.

I've had to completely change my tubing route, which you'll all get to see tomorrow when i fill the loop, let me just say i wouldn't recommend the S3 for beginner's :P

Pictures of 95% completed build tomorrow night :D

Third time lucky?

Here is another attempt at tubing this up, adding the second radiator made the tubing route impossible at the bottom unless i done some form of magic, so i decided to reroute the radiator inlet/outlet ports to the top.

I've also changed the tubing from some of the blocks to give a better flow to the build.

Take note this is just a mock up tubing route, I'll decide my final design & cut appropriate lengths tonight prior to filling.

I'll be swapping the pump around so the Inlet/Outlet ports are on the other side, in which i'll route my Radiator & GPU Outlet to these ports.

Oh And don't worry, there is no Kink in the tube, it's just the angle ;)

wdry.jpg

If PCs had sex appeal...