Crazy story about android TVbox that became an iPad.

Hi! ^^

(Sorry if I've posted it in wrong forum branch)

Several years ago we've bought an android tv-box. 

It served me and my family well for several years.

Specs are not that important in this story, but there they are:

Android 4.4 

1GB RAM

Amlogic quadcore 1.4HGz

8GB memory.

This device served us well - online TV, browsing, music, file sharing and so on. But recently cheap Chinese memory deciteed to take a break and damaged ROM. Because of that device won't boot. The only option was to take it apart and "short circuit" certain legs on memory chip and make it boot from SD card and install new firmware. After such operations tv-bow worked well again. 

Hoverer, memory glitches again and again and this algorithm was repeating every several months.

But that is not what is this story about.

One day memory went completely crazy and there was no way to install new firmware on it. It just hanged on install. (BTW, it was official firmware for this device)

But after countless attemptions it finally worked! It installed the firmware and booted into launcher and connected to WiFi! 

But now comes the most interesting part. 

It was not android anymore.

It decided to became an iPad.

My dad connected to his Google account via tv-box and got mail that someboby connected from our IP via iPad (we don't have an iPad) and using safari browser! Stock browser is not safari browser.....

"Ok, nvm, crazy glitch." - we thought.

But preinstalled play marked wont launch. Because he told us, that we're trying to connect from iPad.

And Google chrome page suggested to download chrome for iPad

And everything was acting like it is an iPad.

OK, downloaded iTunes, why not??? ._.

Tried to install elixir for android via apk from flash, but then memory glitched one more time, everything went black and tv-box had damaged ROM again...

After that we decided to not torment it anymore...

That's it)

But will someone explain me how the hell it became an iPad?? o.O

11 hours ago, WildCAt said:

Hi! ^^

(Sorry if I've posted it in wrong forum branch)

Several years ago we've bought an android tv-box. 

It served me and my family well for several years.

Specs are not that important in this story, but there they are:

Android 4.4 

1GB RAM

Amlogic quadcore 1.4HGz

8GB memory.

This device served us well - online TV, browsing, music, file sharing and so on. But recently cheap Chinese memory deciteed to take a break and damaged ROM. Because of that device won't boot. The only option was to take it apart and "short circuit" certain legs on memory chip and make it boot from SD card and install new firmware. After such operations tv-bow worked well again. 

Hoverer, memory glitches again and again and this algorithm was repeating every several months.

But that is not what is this story about.

One day memory went completely crazy and there was no way to install new firmware on it. It just hanged on install. (BTW, it was official firmware for this device)

But after countless attemptions it finally worked! It installed the firmware and booted into launcher and connected to WiFi! 

But now comes the most interesting part. 

It was not android anymore.

It decided to became an iPad.

My dad connected to his Google account via tv-box and got mail that someboby connected from our IP via iPad (we don't have an iPad) and using safari browser! Stock browser is not safari browser.....

Ok, nvm, crazy glitch.

But preinstalled play marked wont launch. Because he told us, that we're trying to connect from iPad.

And Google chime page suggested to download chrome for iPad

And everything was acting like it is an iPad.

OK, downloaded iTunes, why not??? ._.

Tryed to install elixir for android via apk from flash, but them memory glitches one more time, everything went black and tv-box had damaged ROM again...

After that we decided to not torment it anymore...

That's it)

But will someone explain me how the hell it became an iPad?? o.O

There's a Disney Classic in here somewhere. The poor chinese android TV Box who dreamed of making it big, only to live a life of servitude. But one day, right when it was about to give up, a misterious sorcerer came by with some firmware and transformed the poor Box into a glorious iPad!...

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if what you ended up with was the chinese knockout version of an iPad's firmware ported to run in a cheap Amlogic Firmware for counterfeit purposes.....

13 minutes ago, pauloforte said:

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if what you ended up with the chinese knockout version of an iPad's firmware ported to run in a cheap Amlogic Firmware for counterfeit purposes.....

But it was the same MBOX firmware all the time with almost stock android on it :D

• 4 months later...

Most that happened was a glitch. IOS can never run on a un approved Apple device due to loads of security measures and core elements.

Actually sounds more like your Google account was hacked. 

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

On 7/9/2016 at 6:25 PM, MSWindowsinside said:

Actually sounds more like your Google accout was hacked. 

I would seriously look into this ^

It could just be a funny glitch. Or, someone is logging in as you. If you go to android device manager through your web browser you should be able to find a list of devices with your email connected to them.

You should check it to see if your Box AND an Ipad are in there, if it's just the ipad you know what happened. If it's both..well, that's creepy.

On 7/16/2016 at 4:21 AM, theadult said:

I would seriously look into this ^

It could just be a funny glitch. Or, someone is logging in as you. If you go to android device manager through your web browser you should be able to find a list of devices with your email connected to them.

You should check it to see if your Box AND an Ipad are in there, if it's just the ipad you know what happened. If it's both..well, that's creepy.

It showed MY ip when I turned on the BOX and logged into goole. But it was recognized as ipad.

And I don't have any ipads ;D

So it's just random glitch, I guess)

3 hours ago, WildCAt said:

It showed MY ip when I turned on the BOX and logged into goole. But it was recognized as ipad.

And I don't have any ipads ;D

So it's just random glitch, I guess)

In that case that's hilarious lol!

What in the hell, how the heck does that even happen. So what's next bro? You can't get new apps?

11 hours ago, theadult said:

You can't get new apps?

No, I could not) I have not tried installing .apk, because the box broke completely after some time :\

So we bought another one) No glitches yet ;D