Internet issues. ISP cant help me i hope someone here can help

CorealS7raZ

So this is strange asking people here but i've called my ISP way to many times and they can't seem to help my resolve my issue so i guess this is my only hope addressing the community of linustechtips.
Here we go:

Lets start with this that i am from Bulgaria if this matters, i'm using one of the major ISP in the country. They provide internet across all the country i had troubles with their speeds before but at some point they seem to have resolved it. Now i moved and i'm having the same issue. When i come back from university i like to chill watch a game stream, watch videos on youtube or play some online games with my friends. I'm paying for up to 100mpbs down/10 mpbs up i get close to those speeds during the day but arround 19:00 my time my speed drops to 50mbps or less however i'm not losing any packets. I've tested this with CS:GO since its the most common game i play with my friends during the day i get no more than 60ms in game but arround 19:00 my ms goes between 120 and 220 so that ruins my experience. I read a little on the internet about pathping and i tried to see if i had any packet loss but aparanetly i dont lose any packets. this goes on for a few hours may be it gets ok arround 23:00-24:00. I call my ISP and explain to them what the problem is and they are like "Have you tried turning it off and then on again"  and i'm not a complete retard ofcourse i did but it doesnt help. My internet is trough a cisco EPC3208 modem and comes from a coaxial cable from the wall then it connects to my wifi router but it doesnt make any difference if i plug my LAN cable directly to my PC or trough the wifi router. When one of the tech support comes here to check what the problem is(late as 18:00 because they dont work late) everything looks fine they change the adapter of the coaxial cable and when they leave the problem start again. I'm using windows 10 i tried uninstalling my antivirus program disabled my firewall stoped everything except steam or twitch(depends if i'm trying to play or trying to watch a stream) but this continues. If you need me to provide any additional information please say so i'm desperate at this point my ISP can't do anything to fix this and i can't change to another one because i'll have to pay a lot of money to them if i decide to change ISP(because contracts in my country are terrible).

Since the slow down is time dependant, it sounds like an oversaturated network. 

Basically, when you get home and do stuff online, everyone comes home and does stuff online. 

There really isn't anything you can do on your end, since the problem is the ISP. They sold you an ´up-to´ package, so they aren't technically breaking their contract. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

looks to me like your ISP is doing some peak time load balancing.

Basically, during peak times, some ISPs will throttle most people's connection to allow for everyone else to use the same lines, that's the theory anyway.

Most normal people wouldn't notice it, since they're just on Facebook or w/e, but since you're playing CS, you'll notice it w/ your pings and your general speed as you've noted

tl;dr: it's your ISP's fault

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

If you don't have an enterprise/professional connection from your ISP, they can throttle your speeds at will.

I pay for 50mbps and rarely do I get it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Well the contract its actually not at my personal name but registered to my fathers business. Here is a screenshot with some of my speed test results i know they are only relative but sometimes is gets so bad i cant even watch videos on youtube on hd. 

linus.jpg

2 minutes ago, CorealS7raZ said:

Well the contract its actually not at my personal name but registered to my fathers business. Here is a screenshot with some of my speed test results i know they are only relative but sometimes is gets so bad i cant even watch videos on youtube on hd. 

-snip-

Yeah, that looks like load balancing/over saturation

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

6 minutes ago, CorealS7raZ said:

Spoiler

linus.jpg

Looks like a classic case of an ISP being an ISP. They have oversold you a connection.

They have promised you speeds that they can't consistently deliver, and therefor they throttle your speed.

Unfortunatly, there really isn't anything you can do. The only option would be to change ISP, but that probably won't fix the issue. 

10 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

If you don't have an enterprise/professional connection from your ISP, they can throttle your speeds at will.

I pay for 50mbps and rarely do I get it.

That depends on where you live. 

Where I live throtteling your speed is counted as breaking the contract. Hell, ISPs can't even sell "up-to" connections anymore. 

1 minute ago, ixi_your_face said:

Yeah, that looks like load balancing/over saturation

Yes i was thinking there might be something like this but i'm a bachlor in agricultural science not hardware.Any suggestions on how i should adress the issue to them because a few months ago everything was fine. It started around November and they try to throw sand in my eyes saying saying this might be caused by electrical interferance with the coaxial cable or something like this.

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Looks like a classic case of an ISP being an ISP. They have oversold you a connection.

They have promised you speeds that they can't consistently deliver, and therefor they throttle your speed.

Unfortunatly, there really isn't anything you can do. The only option would be to change ISP, but that probably won't fix the issue. 

Where I live throtteling your speed is counted as breaking the contract. Hell, ISPs can't even sell "up-to" connections anymore. 

Lucky you, where I live if you don't get screwed by your ISP then you don't have an ISP.

The only options in my area come with ridiculous throttling, download caps(if you go over it's a huge penalty $$$), and a rental fee for a modem/router(you have to use their hardware).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Let me introduce you to Bulgaria where monopoly and corruption rules, user experience is shit and minimum wage is around 150$ a month(YES A MONTH). But at least we have great nature, guess i should go exploring the woods instead trying to browse the web ;)

12 minutes ago, CorealS7raZ said:

Let me introduce you to Bulgaria where monopoly and corruption rules, user experience is shit and minimum wage is around 150$ a month(YES A MONTH). But at least we have great nature, guess i should go exploring the woods instead trying to browse the web ;)

Well, that sucks. 

The only thing I can recommend is to read through the contract that your dad signed with the ISP to look for the specific argeement on the speed. 

If there is anything about a guaranteed minimum speed or an average speed, I would contact the ISP and tell them what's up with your connection. 

They probably can't provide the speed that you are currently paying for, but maybe they'll give you a price cut.