How to get USB DAC working with LG G3?

orangecat

14 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I have a powered OTG cable and I can't get my ODAC to playback audio from my LG G3.

Here is the cable I have...

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013OI7W32?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Not all DAC's are supported sadly. I've gotten my Xonar U3 and SoundBlaster E1 to work with Android(versions 4.1.2 to 5.1.1), but I have a VIA chipset DAC that doesn't work with Android. I really doubt its your cable, although it wouldn't hurt to try a different cable(I'm using a StarTech and UGreen OTG cables).

Oh, and make sure you plug in the cable, then the DAC. Sometimes Android wont recognize USB devices if you do it the other way around. 

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Oh, and make sure you plug in the cable, then the DAC. Sometimes Android wont recognize USB devices if you do it the other way around. 

I did make sure to plug in the power and data connections before plugging in the ODAC. I even went as far to restart the phone with the DAC powered and attached but it only makes an audible pop for a second then nothing. I think it's a problem with LG G3's audio drivers or something.

That's why is kind of a waste to get a DAC for your phone, as they aren't guaranteed to be compatible with each other.

32 minutes ago, _ASSASSIN_ said:

That's why is kind of a waste to get a DAC for your phone, as they aren't guaranteed to be compatible with each other.

I use the DAC for my PC and I just wanted to see if I could get it working.