Please help with L.A. Noire

TravisLee
Go to solution Solved by TravisLee,

Finally, I got it to work!

Thanks for all the help, I used a different method.

My fix: What I think was the problem was my LANLauncher.exe, I downloaded a crack from a torrent site (I own the original game) and it was a crack for Steam, to which I own the DVD.

However, I added the crack and launched the LANoire.exe and it worked.

I tried using the shortcut (Which pointed to LANLauncher.exe) and had and error "delete setting.ini" which also caused the LANoire.exe to stop working.

(Sorry for the terrible explanation)

Basically:

Downloaded at copied crack to L.A. Noire folder.

Changed shortcut to point to LANoire,exe

Working fine (As far as I've played)

@Joshua, thanks for the speedy reply when I first posted. 

Hi, people.

I know this might not be the right forum to post this on but I love LinusTech and I'm sure someone will be able to help me here.

I really like L.A. Noire (played it on PS3) and recently I built a new PC, my first ever gaming PC, oh yes and I'm loving the switch to PC gaming.

I can't for the life of me get this game to work, I have the original DVD and it installs correctly but when I try to start it, it goes to the loading screen and terminates (no error brought up).

I've gone through various "fixes" and still no luck, I know many have said it's a console port, a poorly done port but I really want to play this on PC.

If anyone can help, it will be much appriciated.

System spec:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (stock clock)

GPU: AMD HD 7870 (stock clock)

Mobo: Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0

PSU: bequiet! L8 630W

HDD: WD 1TB Green

SSD: 30GB Kingston SSD Now

I had this issue, make sure you have rockstar social club installed, then you might have to reinstall L.A Noire

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Thanks Joshua I'll give it a try and report back.

Sorry Tris15, I mistakenly posted in the wrong section (first time posting) and don't know how to remove the post in Off Topic. 

Sorry Tris15, I mistakenly posted in the wrong section (first time posting) and don't know how to remove the post in Off Topic. 

is cool :P sorry i cant help you this is not really my section, but LA Noire is a great game! That's gotta be said

If you quote me or put @Joshua in your post, I'll be able to get back to you faster, just a tip

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Stahp double posting please.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Thanks @Joshua and @Tris15, the game is installing now (one of the longest game installs by far).

I've only had my computer for a month now but I've been watching LinusTech since the end of last year and he "inspired" me to get a gaming PC, built it myself (unfortunately didn't have a camera to document it and I would get a world of hate for taking BlackBerry pictures).

I really like the game for the facial acting, amazing, and the cast list on this game is pretty cool.

Thanks @Joshua and @Tris15, the game is installing now (one of the longest game installs by far).

I've only had my computer for a month now but I've been watching LinusTech since the end of last year and he "inspired" me to get a gaming PC, built it myself (unfortunately didn't have a camera to document it and I would get a world of hate for taking BlackBerry pictures).

I really like the game for the facial acting, amazing, and the cast list on this game is pretty cool.

I've played L.A Noire for 62 hours so far, and I am still playing, Aiming for all achievements, I think it's a fantastic game!

Good to see someone who can react normaly. Respect Travis!

If you quote me or put @Joshua in your post, I'll be able to get back to you faster, just a tip

No dice. It opens to the Launcher and when I click Launch Game it just goes away, no errors, nothing running in Task Manager.

@Tris15, thanks man. I always maintain the fact the we don't fully know the people we talk to. Who know's you could be some one that fought for the country or saved lives.

To go ahead and speak like I don't care would be foolish on my part. 

I see your profile picture is of Top Gear, I love it but my goodness 6 episodes and the're done with a season. 

@Tris15, thanks man. I always maintain the fact the we don't fully know the people we talk to. Who know's you could be some one that fought for the country or saved lives.

To go ahead and speak like I don't care would be foolish on my part. 

I see your profile picture is of Top Gear, I love it but my goodness 6 episodes and the're done with a season. 

I really like you! (no homo) and yes thats true from Top Gear, but it's amazing thats gotta be said!

I really like you! (no homo) and yes thats true from Top Gear, but it's amazing thats gotta be said!

Haha that's cool, maybe we can do some gaming. Though I don't have much games (Mainly the one's I got free with my Neversettle Bundle).

@Joshua, thanks for your help, I'm trying various things, still not getting it to work (I fear this one is a loosing battle). Will let you know if I make a break through.

Haha that's cool, maybe we can do some gaming. Though I don't have much games (Mainly the one's I got free with my Neversettle Bundle).

@Joshua, thanks for your help, I'm trying various things, still not getting it to work (I fear this one is a loosing battle). Will let you know if I make a break through.

Yes sure! Where are you from? for the time difference. And for me the same I have my PC for 1 month now. What kind of games do you like? And do you have steam origin?

Try running as admin and/or compatibility mode I would say. Also try and update your Graphics Card drivers (you can do it through Steam!). If that doesn't work try and install a BIOS update to your motherboard. I was having the exact same problem as you but with Borderlands 2, a BIOS update fixed it for me, hope I helped!

When you play The Game of Thrones, you win or you die...

Try This? http://steamcommunity.com/app/110800/discussions/0/828937545747914677/

Finally, I got it to work!

Thanks for all the help, I used a different method.

My fix: What I think was the problem was my LANLauncher.exe, I downloaded a crack from a torrent site (I own the original game) and it was a crack for Steam, to which I own the DVD.

However, I added the crack and launched the LANoire.exe and it worked.

I tried using the shortcut (Which pointed to LANLauncher.exe) and had and error "delete setting.ini" which also caused the LANoire.exe to stop working.

(Sorry for the terrible explanation)

Basically:

Downloaded at copied crack to L.A. Noire folder.

Changed shortcut to point to LANoire,exe

Working fine (As far as I've played)

@Joshua, thanks for the speedy reply when I first posted.