mac sudo error

Quericoz
Go to solution Solved by Quericoz,

I have a problem when i try to write a sudo command in terminal:

"sudo: unable to cache user root, already exists"

Why is this happening? I have tried to find a solution on the awesome website google but no success...

attachicon.gifSkärmavbild 2013-08-29 kl. 18.07.55.png

I first tried to repair premission errors but that didnt work, so i rebooted and pressed cmd + R and tried to rapair in diskutility from there, but no success..

I then reinstalled the OS by rebooting and pressing cmd+R. This process took about 1 hour and now it works!

post-16491-0-49954400-1377882585.png

Why is this happening? I have tried to find a solution on the awesome website google but no success...

post-16491-0-46399200-1377792783.png

Have you tried sudo su? Are you already root somehow?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Go into disk manager and in your Boot device try to repair permission errors

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

If i type sudo su, i get same error, if i dont write sudo before, it askes me for sudo...

I have tried repair premissions but still same thing.. even tried reboot...

try sudo -s

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

It is a permision error,(most likely, it happened to me). You need to enter the disk utility and try to repair the hard drive. If it fails restart your mac and hold CMD+R and try again from there. If it does not work, you should try to go to an Apple Store, they will solve it.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I first tried to repair premission errors but that didnt work, so i rebooted and pressed cmd + R and tried to rapair in diskutility from there, but no success..

I then reinstalled the OS by rebooting and pressing cmd+R. This process took about 1 hour and now it works!