wireless range extender.

Nertballs

Hey guys, I'm looking for a wireless range extender, something like this http://www.dabs.ie/products/tp-link-tl-wa730re-range-extender-8B76.html?src=3 and i'm just wondering something.

Can i use this in a way which i can plug an ethernet from my main router into that box, and use that to boost the signal at a distance (EG outside the range of my current router, so it wouldn't really be boosting the signal).

If that one cant, can you point me to one that will?

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Any additional router ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

If I understand what you're trying to do then a range extender would be just the thing. (Trying to get a wireless signal to another location outside your router's normal range)

You would just put what you found in range (not on the edge though, decently in range) of your wireless network and it would act as a range extender.

I think that's what you're trying to achieve.

I'm not sure why you thought that you would need to use an Ethernet cable to connect the two.

I believe that the Ethernet on the range extender would be for plugging in a device (PC or similar) into it in case the device didn't have built in wireless in a similar fashion as a powerline adapter (not quite but similar)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

get an old piece round piece of wood, put aluminium foil on it. make a hole in the center, use copper unisolated wire to make make 2 squares with the corners touching and you got yourself a better antenna. make sure there is about 5 cm room between the squares and the aluminium foil. i like living the ghetto way of wifi.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans