Build opinions

masked106

Hi guys

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/tBGxzy

can you check out this build please? I have gone with the 970. unless someone can post some benchmarks with the 390 beating the 970 on Total war Series then please post. am slightly worried if I go 390 as I don't want too many fans in my case. I know 970 = less heat produced so this was a big thing for me. and also for my cooling? options on placement inside case??

I live in the upper north island. plus the room my pc is in does get a lot of sun

I live in the upper north island. plus the room my pc is in does get a lot of sun

This is a solid build. However I have no clue what you are using it for. Also if you live close to Auckland use pricespy. Sometimes you can get the parts a butt ton cheaper if you go in store to pick it up

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

the 390 can heat your room also why don't you want many fans 

This right here

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Hi guys

Depends on the settings you're using, but at that game the 970

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/6163/12/amd-radeon-r7r9-300-series-review-r7-370-2-and-4gb-r9-380-2-and-4gb-and-r9-390-and-390x-benchmarked-benchmarks-total-war-atilla

However in most other games the 390 is going to take the lead

as for heat output the 390 hardly consumes much more power during a gaming load, so heat isn't really an issue, a few degrees difference in jayz's video

if the price difference isn't much the 390 is the better choice overall, especially if you get a free-sync display at some point in the future, and DX12 support is still rather unclear

-

-

That cooler isn't worth it over something like a hyper 212 evo

You could probably find a less expensive SSD with the same performance

And you should definately just get whatever 1080p IPS monitor is the cheapest, is that monitor 144hz? I don't see it making sense to buy that like at all otherwise.

And what he said, a 650W PSU may be more preferable

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Hi guys

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/tBGxzy

can you check out this build please? I have gone with the 970. unless someone can post some benchmarks with the 390 beating the 970 on Total war Series then please post. am slightly worried if I go 390 as I don't want too many fans in my case. I know 970 = less heat produced so this was a big thing for me. and also for my cooling? options on placement inside case??

Id get a bigger PSU

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

my budget is $3000 NZD. could someone maybe suggest a better build? I do like Skylake though. I intend to use it for gaming video editing and internet browsing.

Depends on the settings you're using, but at that game the 970

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/6163/12/amd-radeon-r7r9-300-series-review-r7-370-2-and-4gb-r9-380-2-and-4gb-and-r9-390-and-390x-benchmarked-benchmarks-total-war-atilla

However in most other games the 390 is going to take the lead

as for heat output the 390 hardly consumes much more power during a gaming load, so heat isn't really an issue, a few degrees difference in jayz's video

if the price difference isn't much the 390 is the better choice overall, especially if you get a free-sync display at some point in the future, and DX12 support is still rather unclear

-

-

That cooler isn't worth it over something like a hyper 212 evo

You could probably find a less expensive SSD with the same performance

And you should definately just get whatever 1080p IPS monitor is the cheapest, is that monitor 144hz? I don't see it making sense to buy that like at all otherwise.

And what he said, a 650W PSU may be more preferable

no the monitor is 60hz

no the monitor is 60hz

Ya, just find whatever is IPS and 1080p, not sure why that monitor is so costly, even for the price differences.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?