What do I need to know about going into PC Gaming

TheLeagueGamer
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

1. Dont preoder.

2. Watch out when buying early access.

3. Always mod every game.

4. Get a good mouse.

5. Communicate in competitive games if teammates communicate.

6. Do never brag about what you have because there is always someone with something better.

7. Welcome to the Master Race

So after years of Console gaming, Owning most Sony consoles, PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP 1000-3000,PS Vita,PS Vita Slim and the 3DS XL, My friend got me into Minecraft around Beta, League of Legends 3 years ago and the snowball began leading to my steam library being around 80+, problem is I have a $400 HP and it can barely keep up, I'm upgrading to the 2014 Razer Blade, Now that I'm getting hardcore into PC gaming, what do I need to know?

TBH

I would recommend custom build instead of a blade 

thats what you need to know

yea build your own pc for 2k you will get a BEAST OF A PC 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

unless you NEED the portability of a laptop you should look at making yourself a nice gaming desktop. for that kind of money you can make a seriously beast piece of machinery 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

TBH

So would I but I need to it to be portable for school so two birds one stone then after a year I'm spending around $3k on my custom pc which my friend who has Skylake and a 970 (Forgot about the 980) is gonna help me with

So would I but I need to it to be portable for school so two birds one stone then after a year I'm spending around $3k on my custom pc which my friend who has Skylake and a 970 (Forgot about the 980) is gonna help me with

yea build your own pc for 2k you will get a BEAST OF A PC 

unless you NEED the portability of a laptop you should look at making yourself a nice gaming desktop. for that kind of money you can make a seriously beast piece of machinery 

So would I but I need to it to be portable for school so two birds one stone then after a year I'm spending around $3k on my custom pc which my friend who has Skylake and a 970 (Forgot about the 980) is gonna help me with

You definitely could make something portable in a brief case, Its been done before

1. Dont preoder.

2. Watch out when buying early access.

3. Always mod every game.

4. Get a good mouse.

5. Communicate in competitive games if teammates communicate.

6. Do never brag about what you have because there is always someone with something better.

7. Welcome to the Master Race

you don't have to build a 2k pc you can build a one for $800- 10k but the ideal price to performance ratio is about 2000-2500. its really not hard trust me you wont break anything either i did my first one just over a year ago and it went fine take your time, follow some guides. i was in the same boat i wanted to play games on high settings and i couldn't because my laptop had a core i3 3110M and welcome to the PCMR

didnt see other posts.... about the mobility issue just build later mk?

TBH

this ^^ cant you use your 400$ HP for school?

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

And also...

watch out for the fanboys

never reply to a comment without facts & sources ready

you don't have to build a 2k pc you can build a one for $800- 10k but the ideal price to performance ratio is about 2000-2500. its really not hard trust me you wont break anything either i did my first one just over a year ago and it went fine take your time, follow some guides. i was in the same boat i wanted to play games on high settings and i couldn't because my laptop had a core i3 3110M and welcome to the PCMR

didnt see other posts.... about the mobility issue just build later mk?

I thought since I'm about to start college soon aka 1 year and a couple of months I would be buying a laptop, may as well get a high end one, The custom PC build was a thought and I spent about 2 years researching that so yea I'm hoping to build a beast and I should probably say it's $3000NZD which is $2000USD So I can play at ultra on a 1440p Ultrawide and work on video editing etc

And also...

watch out for the fanboys

never reply to a comment without facts & sources ready

What fanboys?

What fanboys?

they can be found everywhere

Razer fanboys (your stuff is not the best in the world)

AMD fanboys (no offense to AMD guys but your cpus are shit)

you name it

hell me myself have been a fanboy.

this ^^ cant you use your 400$ HP for school?

I kinda broke the keyboard and it's in a alright state 

they can be found everywhere

Razer fanboys (your stuff is not the best in the world)

AMD fanboys (no offense to AMD guys but your cpus are shit)

you name it

hell me myself have been a fanboy.

Considering I like a lot of things from different companies, I think I'm good xD