Acer XB270HU, 144Hz not showing up

SuperCactus

I've got a 780 Ti, with latest drivers.

For some reason, the maximum refresh rate is only 85 in the control panel.

Even if I go into the Nvidia control panel, it only has 24, 60, 85 hz listed.

Any ideas?

I'm such an idiot that I thought leaving it on the default 60 hz was still 144hz because it has G-sync... but I really was unimpressed with this monitor and thought that my eye was unable to really "see the difference between 60hz and 144hz". But I just bumped it up to 85hz to see what would happen, and it is a tremendous difference; and now I really can't wait to see what it looks like in 144 hz...!

Are you sure the cable you have used to connect your monitor to your GPU supports 1440p at 144hz?

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

It's a DisplayPort cable, so it definitely must support it

That is correct, then I'm not sure what's stopping you, but I'll look around.

EDIT; You could try to go to Nvidia Control Panel -> Change Resolution -> Customize, then create a custom resolution @ 1440p 144Hz. Not sure if it'll work, but worth a try.

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

That is correct, then I'm not sure what's stopping you, but I'll look around.

EDIT; You could try to go to Nvidia Control Panel -> Change Resolution -> Customize, then create a custom resolution @ 1440p 144Hz. Not sure if it'll work, but worth a try.

I literally created a 144hz, and it doesn't work. I get a "No signal" on my monitor, and pretty much the computer needs to be restarted

It's not the monitor, because, believe it or not, I have two of them, and 85 hz is what I'm stuck with.

Ohh wow I fixed it. It was the cable. The 4ft manufacturer's cable gives ms 144hz; the 10-foot cable I ordered from amazon will only go up to 85 hertz!

And when I asked whether "cable display port version matters", they all told me, "There's no version of display port cable; only the port has a version; all the cables are the same".

Well, apparently not all the cables are made equal !!

Btw 144hz is awesome...

I literally created a 144hz, and it doesn't work. I get a "No signal" on my monitor, and pretty much the computer needs to be restarted

It's not the monitor, because, believe it or not, I have two of them, and 85 hz is what I'm stuck with.

You need LCD REDUCED Timings for 144 hz, otherwise you will get a black screen. 

You can't use standard timings.  Standard timings only work for refresh rates 125hz and lower (some monitors may go up to 128-131 hz).