Is Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX worth?

Hello guys,

I was nearly about to buy me a new computer with the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

But recently Phanteks release the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX, so my question will be : It is worth it to wait and buy the Evolv ATX over the Enthoo Pro?

What's the differences between both?

Thanks for your replies :)

I personally like the way the Evolv looks over other Phanteks cases.

So my vote goes for the Evolv, unfortunately I have no idea when it'll go on sale or what the deal it is.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I added a poll.

Would be nice if everyone can explain their choice :)

I love the look of the evlov. Not only that but the hinged side panel, the fully modular drive cages, cable routing holes in all the right places and the completely separate basement competent seal the deal for me. And the top fan/rad sled is a great idea. If I change from my phantom 530, it would be for the evolv

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Well, I haven't been able to find a price on Evolv ATX, but the iTX version looks like it's around ~$150.  I don't know if It's worth an extra 50 to me to work in a smaller case, plus I already like the aesthetics of the Pro. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

I actually AM getting the Pro no matter the price, but I do love the Evolv as well.

Well, I haven't been able to find a price on Evolv ATX, but the iTX version looks like it's around ~$150. I don't know if It's worth an extra 50 to me to work in a smaller case, plus I already like the aesthetics of the Pro.

Actually the Evolv ITX is $69 and the ATX version is $150

Actually the Evolv ITX is $69 and the ATX version is $150

My mistake I was looking at the mATX version, which is 129.  I did look at the product page for the Evolv when I was looking around for a case, but I didn't really see what the advantage over something like an Enthoo Pro was, especially for a $50 increase.  Not sure what I'm getting for my money there.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

I like the evolv a little bit more but it's not worth the extra money compared to the enthoo pro. 

Do the Evolv ATX will have same or better (or worst =/) airflow than the pro?

Hello,

I've voted for the Evolv ATX as I like it a lot. The look is "Phant"-astic and I love the area for the PSU to show off the brand without showing the cables. It's also made with a lot of aluminium.

I've considered it for my build, but gave up for several reasons:

- availability: it was announced recently, there have been couple reviews (PcPer, KitGuru, Bit-Tech) but so far no availability in Europe

- it was rather likely that it's going to be expensive, especially for us in Europe / Eurozone; this is confirmed at it can be pre-ordered from online retailer in UK at 140£ (~= 196€!!!) (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-029-PT)

- the thing that I disliked the most with that case was the way to integrate an AIO watercooler; the idea of the sliding mount at top of the case is great, there's no clearance issue with the components, but IMHO, visually speaking, the radiator/fans couple is very intrusive. This is pure look but for a case with a window, I was a bit disappointed. Still on that point, I had question marks around the capability to properly expell hot air from the radiator looking at the case's top vents (rather gills)

The Enthoo Pro is not as sexy, but it's a bigger case with more room, good airflow (intake has no obstacle like the Luxe) and costs around 100€.

For your information, Phanteks has announced the Enthoo Pro M at the same time than the Evolv ATX; it's basically the external look of the Enthoo Pro with Evolv ATX-like internals (but less luxurious). It still has one slot for ODD compared to Evolv ATX.

See sneak preview from Hardware Canucks:

This could have been a very good fit, but there's no info even on Phantek's website  <_<

As far as I'm concerned, I've decided to go the Fractal Design way and I've picked the Define S (83€ from Amazon Germany  :wub: ). It's somehow the same philosophy than the Enthoo Pro M and it's very quiet.

My 2 cents  ;)

Okay thanks guys,

I think I'll go with the Enthoo Pro, since it's available right now and it's very cost efficient :)

My observations on just the Evolv series pricing:

• Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX - $70 USD (non-window edition $65 USD)
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (mATX) - $130 USD (black and white editions are now $110 after $20 mail-in cash rebate between 6/18 and 7/5 Newegg only)
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - $180 USD

I'm personally having a hard time deciding between the Evolv ITX and Evolv (mATX) but with the aluminum body Evolv having a $20 limited time rebate it's sure tempting me! I really don't like the looks of the other Phanteks cases but they are all fine quality choices. The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX is super great overall but it's price is out of my range for a case.