What to install after assembling a computer.

fwanta

I am not sure if this post belongs here but could not figure where else to post it. As the title states, what exactly am I suppose to download/install after putting a pc together? I watched some youtubes and visited many different forums on what to and how to download but still do not feel assured. Just to give you an insight on parts I have.

CPU : intel i5-4690k

Motherboard : MSI Z97 gaming 3

GPU : MSI GTX 970 gaming 4g

I have checked on the msi homepage which just confused me more than I already am. There are just too many things you can download and everything seems important.

I have a msi cd which came with the motherboard. Do I download from the cd and download/upgrade all the latest drivers afterwards? Or do I download all the drivers( I would be grateful to those who gave me tips on what to download) from other computer to either usb/cd/external hdd and install it on the new pc? Does anti-virus system come with window 7 home premium 64bit? Or do I have to download that as well?

I apologise on these trivial questions to you guys but I am new to this and cannot be certain of myself. Thank you for your help in advance.

I am not surr if this post belongs here but could not figure where else to post it. As the title states, what exactly am I suppose to download after putting a pc together? I watched some youtubes anf forums on how to but still do not feel assured. Just to give you an insight on parts I have.

I have checkef on msi homepage which just confused me more than I already am. There are just toomany things you can download and everything seemd important.

I have a msi cd which came with the motherboard. Do I download from the cd and download/upgrade all the latest drivers afterwards? Or do I download all the drivers( I would be grateful to those who gave me tips on what to download) from other computer to either usb/cd/external hdd and install it on the new pc? Does anti-virus system come with window 7 home premium 64bit? Or do I have to download that as well?

I apologise on these trivial questions to you guys but I am new to this cannot be certain of myself. Thank you for your help in advance.

drivers from the manufacturers website

and www.ninite.com

malwarebytes and avast (dont listen to the people who say "common knowledge 2015" or some shit)

You can always use Ninite which is a handy tool to download all essential software!

I am not surr if this post belongs here but could not figure where else to post it. As the title states, what exactly am I suppose to download after putting a pc together? I watched some youtubes anf forums on how to but still do not feel assured. Just to give you an insight on parts I have.

I have checkef on msi homepage which just confused me more than I already am. There are just toomany things you can download and everything seemd important.

I apologise on these trivial questions to you guys but I am new to this cannot be certain of myself. Thank you for your help in advance.

Windows Defender is pre loaded with your OS

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Download all latest drivers from the manufacturers website. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I checked on the website but there seem to be many different drivers I can download. Is there a driver bundle/package?

Windows Defender is pre loaded with your OS

That is good. Any other good(free) malware programme you suggest to keep the pc functional as well as keeping it safe? I had some bad experiences with such malware system which slowed my laptop drastically.

drivers from the manufacturers website

and www.ninite.com

malwarebytes and avast (dont listen to the people who say "common knowledge 2015" or some shit)

What does ninite provide? Can I just search for motherboard's model and they search for all necessary parts for me?

I checked on the website but there seem to be many different drivers I can download. Is there a driver bundle/package?

For msi motherboard, go to the utility download tab, get live update 6, it will download all the needed drivers for you. You may need many restarts to get the drivers installed properly, then go GeForce site and get the drivers for Ur gpu

You can always use Ninite which is a handy tool to download all essential software!

Do they just suggest all drivers according to the model given?

For msi motherboard, go to the utility download tab, get live update 6, it will download all the needed drivers for you.

wow that is awesome. Pretty handy in fact for pc dummies like me. Thanks!

What does ninite provide? Can I just search for motherboard's model and they search for all necessary parts for me?

ninite gives you installers for the essentials like google chrome, microsoft word, etc. into one without having all the extra things like including the ask search bar and stuff.

for your motherboard, you would have to go to your manufacturers website. for example, for your motherboard. if you have msi, go to msi website. most website would have drivers links on the bottom of the page.

although, i don't think its important to update your drivers for your mobo, but i would do it. i would just focus on the gpu's drivers which is necessary for gaming.

Do they just suggest all drivers according to the model given?

They install all software which people usually install. i.e. iTunes, VLC, etc.

You will need at least drivers for GPU (nvidias site for newest), LAN, audio, USB3 and SATA. Others aren't so important. Remember to get also drivers for your peripherals like mouse and keyboard.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I cannot thank you guys enough for all the help you guys provided me!