New GPU, What would you buy?

EpicSoftworks

I couldn't find the introduction section so I thought it did get down to business directly. I recently bought Sleeping Dogs. The game runs absolutely fine, and I'm not able to run at the highest settings(such as AA to amazing ultra dragonstyle level :-) and guess you won't even need that much AA anymore at 1080) but yet still I get about 40 to 50 frames a second.

I've got a quirky SLI setup and came to realize that having two video cards actually demands way more power. And the performance I'm getting out of these particular cards is not what I expected it to be(550Ti if might you wanna take that into account).

Now, I'm not siding with Nvidia or AMD but do want the best bang for buck. I'm interested in what you people think would be the "Best Buy".... get it? cuz its a shop in Amurica... hehe x3 to do this time around for. I'm not waiting for a new video card I have my money and want to buy a new video card and may have about €400 to spend, so that's not a small purchase.

Personally I had the 7970 XFX Double Dissapation Black Edition in mind. But maybe you guys can get me some really good advice and what to buy and what not to buy?

The GTX 660ti has also a great performance : price ratio. Runs pretty much everything on ULTRA at 60 fps on a 1080p resolution monitor.

Good Morning...

The radeon 7970 is a really good graphics card. I have one my self and you wont have any trouble running high-end games on that particular card for a long time.

it is also worth mentioning that the 7970 overclock like a beast so you might be able to have som fun there :)

Hope it helped in your decision

MSI gtx 660TI power edition all da way

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

try lookig for a 7970 ghz edition instead of the xfx one, Geforce gtx 680 is a good choice as well, just buy the one that you can afford, or buy a mid range card like 660ti or a 7950 ( it's a cheap high end card ) and buy a new card next year when you sell the current one...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Overclocked Sapphire 7970s are very good. They run very quiet compared to most other cards I've seen.

I would go for a HD 5770 it has very good and i think you would save alot of money, it should be really cheap right now, if it still on sale ;) dont spend all that money on a video card ;) the 5770 has the performance you need. I am just trolling, the 7970 ghz edition should give you what you are loook for :)

Thanks for the great advise and somewhat confirmation of my own initial choice. I will still check each card ( also nvidia ) on tom's hardware and then make my choice based on bang for buck :) It has really helped me though in choosing what I wanted.

I'd wait a couple months for Nvidia Titan, but if you're not willing to wait, I'd go 7970, you can get them for well under 400 right now.

no doubt , hd 7950 is the best value for money..13.2 beta fixes the frame latency issues, it overclocks like a boss ,free games . all that makes it awesome! i wish i had some money to make the purchase.....crysis 3 is killing my 6970!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16