Gigabyte System Information Viewer and Fan controller

Go to solution Solved by clementk,

I have nothing that is 21c

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I had this issue with my gigabyte board. and a gigabyte rep told me that the program wont run your profile until you start it up once in the desktop. so i sent the board back and grabbed this Asus.

Okay just wanted to make a Finishing post to this on how i Got around to make a "Kinda Fix"

1) go to where the .exe is located.

mvfwlFW.png

2) Open your startup Folder with Win+R and the "Shell:startup"

OpWlnSg.png

3) make a txt file with the Path in from the .Exe  and save it at <AnyName>.bat

jvfuTIy.png

and your done. it will now run on startup every time.

Hi, I just wanted to find out if someone on the fourms has maybe found a solution to a problem i have with the Gigabyte Fan control software. I don't have a problem with the software it self but i do have a problem with the startup. So when i start my PC and it boots to desktop the software starts and it run in the background, The only problem is that the fan profiles only Updates when i Open it. I tried to add the Fan controller itself to my Startup folder but that did not help ether. Does anybody know how to Fix this ? 

Needs Update

do you have SIV to auto open as admin?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

do you have SIV to auto open as admin?

Yeah still not running on startup ( well it does but i need to open it from the Taskbar before it applies the fan profile)

Needs Update

Yeah still not running on startup ( well it does but i need to open it from the Taskbar before it applies the fan profile)

same issue here

also does it detect the right CPU temp for you?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

same issue here

also does it detect the right CPU temp for you?

Yeah the temps and Fan curves all work as intended just does not want to run on startup :/ 

Needs Update

Yeah the temps and Fan curves all work as intended just does not want to run on startup :/ 

it just detects my CPU temp as 40c even when its actually 85

Realtemp shows about 2 more C then the software.

Needs Update

it just detects my CPU temp as 40c even when its actually 85

As you can see its closer but I do think it does take the Package temp not each core . That's why its lower.

PQmNoz9.jpg

Needs Update

As you can see its closer but I do think it does take the Package temp not each core . That's why its lower.

post-95785-0-83544500-1426356440_thumb.p

Hi, I just wanted to find out if someone on the fourms has maybe found a solution to a problem i have with the Gigabyte Fan control software. I don't have a problem with the software it self but i do have a problem with the startup. So when i start my PC and it boots to desktop the software starts and it run in the background, The only problem is that the fan profiles only Updates when i Open it. I tried to add the Fan controller itself to my Startup folder but that did not help ether. Does anybody know how to Fix this ? 

I had this issue with my gigabyte board. and a gigabyte rep told me that the program wont run your profile until you start it up once in the desktop. so i sent the board back and grabbed this Asus.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Okay thanks for the info will see if i can make some kind of a script to fix it xD

Needs Update

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Okay just wanted to make a Finishing post to this on how i Got around to make a "Kinda Fix"

mvfwlFW.png

OpWlnSg.png

jvfuTIy.png

Needs Update

mvfwlFW.png

OpWlnSg.png

jvfuTIy.png

Awesome. nice fix. to bad the gigabyte rep didnt know this. if he would have they would still have my market share!!!! :D

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Awesome. nice fix. to bad the gigabyte rep didnt know this. if he would have they would still have my market share!!!! :D

The only problem i have with this and why i did not do it at first is the window of the Thermal Control remains open when your PC is on.. (one point this can be good to keep a Eye on the temps on the 2nd monitor ) But for me its just something i need to close xD guess its not that bad since i don't have to open it now.

Needs Update

• 1 year later...

clementk - the issue of the popup can be resolved by changing your script to run 'thermald.exe'

• 11 months later...
On 14.3.2015 at 11:29 PM, shawn finkenstead said:

On 14.3.2015 at 11:23 PM, clementk said:

OpWlnSg.png

did u put the bat file in the autostart folder?

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, I know this thread is old, but there's another solution, that for me at least is even easier.

https://github.com/mareksuscak/FanFlow

It even acts before the .bat method an does not ask for administrator rights every time it starts (yes, I also know there are ways to solve that, but this is a 0,4 Mb program that you just install once an will never have to deal with again).

The only requirement is to read the Readme.