Can a motherboard increase your fps?

This comparison is to the motherboard soly as the review website test overclocks making it an unfair test. At the moment i have some bs H61 dell motherboard with a i3 2120. say i got monster of a board then would my fps increase at all.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe a little bit. By 1FPS or half of one.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Maybe a little bit. By 1FPS or half of one.

Every little helps i guess, could it prevent spikes in performance if you have a better motherboard as well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Every little helps i guess, could it prevent spikes in performance if you have a better motherboard as well.

Hardly. Performance differences between motherboards is very negligible.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah I saw something earlier to do with which motherboards providing what framerates and and there wasn't anything in it at all worth being a deciding factor for choosing one over the over for the sole purpose of more FPS, out of the boards selected in the benchmark anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Barely any. 1-3 fps max, to increase your FPS go for a new GPU first, if that's not the problem CPU, if that's fine RAM, but that's about it, there is no actual difference in FPS concerning the mobo ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I don't think it does. What a good motherboard does is it improves the longevity of your components by having good power delivery and most of the other stuff that comes with a mobo are features like amount of sata ports, usb 3, sli/cf support, etc.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Next question, can a dvd drive increase your fps more then a blu ray drive? On a more serious note thanks for the input everyone.

Listen if you care.

Don't think that would affect performance neither, maybe just load times.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Next question, can a dvd drive increase your fps more then a blu ray drive? On a more serious note thanks for the input everyone.

No cd drives would increase your fps at all. It could help you install a game faster if you bought it on disk but would never help your fps.

Motherboards do affect performance, but to such a low degree you should focus more on CPU and GPU.

Disc drives aren't involved in generating frames.

Lol that was a joke, i know that.

Listen if you care.

Sorry.  I was skimming the thread.

Lol thats ok, everyone can misunderstand things once in a while.

Listen if you care.

Yes, a better motherboard will allow for more overclocking on both the CPU and GPU. A good motherboard will have better powerdelivery aswell.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Yes, a better motherboard will allow for more overclocking on both the CPU and GPU. A good motherboard will have better powerdelivery aswell.

My pathetic board has 3 power phases at the moment but im so happy to get a 12 power phase gigabyte board soon.

Listen if you care.