Should I get used parts for my sisters PC?

Go to solution Solved by c3p0_,

If you wait a month you can have my pentium as im upgrading To i5. Other then that, its your sister, fool. Buy new :D

The CPU+Ram+Motherboard should only cost around 200ish Euros. There are a tone of used Core2Quads or 1Gen i5 that are used and in that Pricerange. Is it worth it? The other option would be a Pentium G3258 and overclock it with a beefy cooler. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The CPU+Ram+Motherboard should only cost around 200ish Euros. There are a tone of used Core2Quads or 1Gen i5 that are used and in that Pricerange. Is it worth it? The other option would be a Pentium G3258 and overclock it with a beefy cooler. 

Recently I been going almost all used. the fact I can use my old spare case+psu+hard drive, and Im buying a I5+mobo for 150ish, ram for 50, and a 7950 for 100ish, I have a pc that can play any game on ultra at 1080P for 300$

Recently I been going almost all used. the fact I can use my old spare case+psu+hard drive, and Im buying a I5+mobo for 150ish, ram for 50, and a 7950 for 100ish, I have a pc that can play any game on ultra at 1080P for 300$

as long as its your used psu harddrive not someone elses xD

solid 1080p 60fps?

300$ my ass xD

if its 775 get used. As long as PSU and HDD not used im fine with it

Do you mean the socket?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

If you wait a month you can have my pentium as im upgrading To i5. Other then that, its your sister, fool. Buy new :D

Do you already own some of the components, or will you be buying all of them?

Spoiler

the one you oced to 5ghz?  :D I will PM you. 

Do you already own some of the components, or will you be buying all of them?

I got a case, PSU, HDD, the cooler, the cables. pretty much everything else. Maybe the ram, depends on how old the CPU is. 

as long as its your used psu harddrive not someone elses xD

solid 1080p 60fps?

300$ my ass xD

I already have a case, Power supply, and a hard drive.

old case, the power supply is 2 years old, I had to upgrade for my current pcs crossfire. and my hard drive, as my main system is running on just a ssd. 

so, Im buying a I5 with a mobo for 150(amazing deal) ram, you can pick up a 8 gig for 50ish dollars nowadays, and 7950s are sub 100$. and I know those are capable of playing far cry 4 ultra at 1080P60fps (i know because I have one and a 7970. tested on a lower end system, a fx-6300)

yeah so core 2 duos and quads and so on

dont forget those Pentium D's and Pentium 4's :DDD

the newer ones are LGA 775

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

dont forget those Pentium D's and Pentium 4's :DDD

the newer ones are LGA 775

I got a Pentium D 804 or was it 840 laying around? That thing sucks really bad. 

the one you oced to 5ghz? :D I will PM you.

I got a case, PSU, HDD, the cooler, the cables. pretty much everything else. Maybe the ram, depends on how old the CPU is.

5,2 with one Core and 4,7 with both. 4,5 on a daily basis. Yes that one. Rev A0, costa rica

5,2 with one Core and 4,7 with both. 4,5 on a daily basis. Yes that one. Rev A0, costa rica

ok

lhjhbB9.gif