Sennheiser HD558 vs Hyper X Cloud Pro II

Go to solution Solved by nhatduy1611,

You guys act like good for music is bad for gaming. I have the hd558s and the directional sound on these things are amazing. You want get that on a closed heaphone like the cloud. There is also less bass so things will be clearer in game. And a clip on mic is like 10$ on amazon. I have a zalman on and by all the accounts of the people I talk to it sounds pretty good.

I never said it was bad for gaming but if gaming is what the op focus on the the cloud beat out the hd558.It is cheaper, has better noise isolation, has a good build in mic that can be remove and the sound quality is quite good for the price. 

So first of this is mainly a bang for the buck scenario so I'm wondering if the $30+ worth the slightly better audio but I do prefer the build quality of the cloud so I'm leaning toward that. But I want to know if that is the right chose.

Assuming your gaming environment isn't very noisy then the Hd558 wins without a shadow of a doubt

Only take the clouds if your gaming environment is noisy

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Completely different product categories. If you listen to music more Sennheiser is definitely better, if you mostly play games and you don't want to buy a mic then Kingston is better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I own a pair of hd558 and it is one of the best headphone i ever own. I can wear it all day without taking them off since they are really comfortable, the sound quality is alot better then the cloud imo. But to be fair the cloud is made for gaming and if that's what you want a gaming headset the cloud win for sure. If you listen to alot of music get the hd558 it is worth the extra 30$

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Just because the HyperX have metal, doens't mean they have better build quality. I know some people who use the HD558 (or some pair of HD5XX) for over 6 years and the headphones look as new (with new earpads)
I am not saying the Clouds are not build well, because they probably are. All i am saying is that plastic isn't always a bad thing. :)

+1 for sennheiser :P

The sennheiser has better sound, without question. The real question is does it have a sound that you would like.

Completely different product categories. If you listen to music more Sennheiser is definitely better, if you mostly play games and you don't want to buy a mic then Kingston is better.

I own a pair of hd558 and it is one of the best headphone i ever own. I can wear it all day without taking them off since they are really comfortable, the sound quality is alot better then the cloud imo. But to be fair the cloud is made for gaming and if that's what you want a gaming headset the cloud win for sure. If you listen to alot of music get the hd558 it is worth the extra 30$

You guys act like good for music is bad for gaming. I have the hd558s and the directional sound on these things are amazing. You want get that on a closed heaphone like the cloud. There is also less bass so things will be clearer in game. And a clip on mic is like 10$ on amazon. I have a zalman on and by all the accounts of the people I talk to it sounds pretty good.

I never said it was bad for gaming but if gaming is what the op focus on the the cloud beat out the hd558.It is cheaper, has better noise isolation, has a good build in mic that can be remove and the sound quality is quite good for the price. 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Noise isolation is not good for gaming unless you play in a very loud place. Having open headphones give you greater directional sound and can help you pinpoint where sound is coming from if you play fps. Also yes, they are cheaper, but the sennheisers also have much better sound so, cant really compare. 

Noise isolation is not good for gaming unless you play in a very loud place. Having open headphones give you greater directional sound and can help you pinpoint where sound is coming from if you play fps. Also yes, they are cheaper, but the sennheisers also have much better sound so, cant really compare. 

Noise isolation is important in gaming heat set because the mic is very close to the ear pad and can pick up the noise from the headphone which is really annoying. My hd 558 sometimes does this when i lean in to close on my dedicated mic or the music i'm listening to is very lould. And of course the senheiser one got better sound it cost more and is design for listening to music. The clould is design a budget gaming headset with all the gaming feature you needed without sacrificing too much sound quality.