Corsair air series fans (problem)

Torey

When tightening the screws into the fans the rubber grommet starts to like twist out, i tightened one until it just wouldnt go but it wqasnt in all the way and when I loosened it the whole like plastic/rubber o ring that it screws into just came out, i'll take pictures tomorrow but these seem to be incredibly hard to install, im using the screws they gave me am i just not supposed to tighten them so they stick to the case? -.- i feel rattling coming on...

Just don't over tighten them.. When you see the rubber start to smash in a Lil bit it is tight enough..

Just don't over tighten them.. When you see the rubber start to smash in a Lil bit it is tight enough..

Yeah but the fan isn't even pushed against the case, this blows, 2 fans 30+ bucks down the drain. Doubt new egg will take them back with the rubber part ripped out on 2 each. Pretty shitty design if you ask me.

Don't even know how I'll attach the one fan, 2 of the holes are just simply gone to screw the fan in. The 140 went on fine, the rubber twisted but its on and not coming off 2/2 of the 120 af has problems, dont even want to try  my sp 120s now.

they were hard to install at first but after installing them in a case a couple of times it became easy. All I do when installing them is install the screws that came with the fan by hand first just so its enough to hold the fan in place and then hold the back of the fan by the rubber and then screw in the fan by pressing the fan against the case or side panel. That for me is the easiest way for me to install them. I like the AF series but one of them died on my after 5 months.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Ya u have to thread the plastic before you put them in your case.. Put on table and put screws all the way in and back out.. Then try to install them..