Wait for 700 series or 800 series?

AbyssalRadon

I've got two 7970 MSi Lightning Editions, I like them. Although I really want to switch to nVidia and I'm wondering if I should wait for the upcoming 700 series or the Maxwell 800 series?Thanks!

Why do you want to switch to NVIDIA?

Because AMD's drivers are making me go banana's when I'm playing a video game. I also want to use PhysX, Cuda, and Adaptive Vsync. I'm also done with AMD overall as a company because I've had too many bad experiences with them.

Well if you've got dual 7970's already and really want to switch that badly... Just wait it out til the 800's as you'll be kicking yourself for not investing in the bigger boost to performance for the money. Personally I have a rule to skip at least 2 generations before considering a high end GPU upgrade.

Wait for 700 series, sell the 7970s for as much as you can, you should be able to get damn near what you paid from them.

You have 2 choices:

1- "I can't wait any longer" -> Sale you GPU's, and get the 700 series. which is going to be a GK110 or based on that.

2- "It bugs me, but I can live with it" -> Wait until 800 series which will be Maxwell architecture, which will provide you with a nice performance boost.

You have 2 choices: 1- "I can't wait any longer" -> Sale you GPU's' date=' and get the 700 series. which is going to be a GK110 or based on that. 2- "It bugs me, but I can live with it" -> Wait until 800 series which will be Maxwell architecture, which will provide you with a nice performance boost.[/quote']

At this point I'm at option 2. Thanks, I was wanting to know the best solution for a better performance boost for the money. :)