Which processor should I buy??

TDPL

I have an ASUS P7P55D Pro and wanted to buy a CPU to play the latest games with maximum quality, but do not know which CPU should I buy.

What is the best processor for a Socket LGA1156?

PS:I apologize for any errors in writing, but I used the google translator :D

Honestly, my advice would be to invest in an 1155 motherboard + a 3570K. Alternatively, wait for the new 1150 series processors in about six months.

Otherwise, for the 1156 platform the i5 760 is generally considered the "i5 3470" of 1156 builds--i.e. bang for buck.

Alternatively, there is the i7-870 and i7-875K (overclockable) which fit higher budgets. Though if your budget fits either of these, I recommend investing in an 1155 motherboard and processor.

My two cents.

1155 are relatively cheap now. I'd really recommend upgrading, especially since you're about to spend lots of money on a processor. Or, wait until the 1150 comes out. Dim's suggestions are spot on.

Sandy bridge chips and motherboards are pretty cheap right now, if you can find them used; I'd recommend those.

Can you give me an example of a good motherboard for a relatively low price?

I was thinking of spending around € 300

LGA 1156 CPUs are very hard to find new, but you could probably find some used elsewhere. If you want to stick with that platform, follow with Dim's suggestions. I would recommend that you either upgrade to LGA 1155, or if you can wait six months, get a Haswell CPU on LGA 1150.

I'm not sure what's available in Europe or what the prices are exactly, but here are a few you could consider if you want to upgrade to LGA 1155. The price on these should leave enough room in the budget for a nice new CPU:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H

ASUS P8Z77-V LE (this one is a little more expensive)

MSI Z77A-G45

Keep in mind that the video card will be the main component that affects gaming performance. If you want "maximum quality" you may need to upgrade that as well if it is as old as your current motherboard.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

What CPU do you currently have? I highly doubt it isn't enough for gaming...

I would like to know what GPU you have in your rig? You talk about playing the latest games at maximum quality? GPU has lots to do with that.

And Monitor, Memory, CPU, MOBO, etc.............All works together for "Maximum" Performance.

My setup is currently:

ASUS P7P55D-PRO

Intel ® Core ™ i3-550

ASUS EAH5770 1Gb GDDR5

But according CPU-Z and properties of PC processor is operating at 1.6 Ghz

Will I need to update the BIOS??? because when I turn on my pc a message appears on the CPU ...

post-5592-13667861365469_thumb.png

post-5592-13667861366008_thumb.png

post-5592-13667861366635_thumb.png

you could wait till Haswell comes out in the summer and get a new 1150 board. thats if you can wait

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

With that setup, upgrading your cpu wont do much atall. You should think about getting a new rig completely.

A graphics upgrade will do you better than a CPU upgrade but with the age of some of the hardware that is inside of you computer I am gonna agree with TechBlitZ do a complete system upgrade especially if you expect to play some of the games that are coming out this year on max settings