7950 vs 7970 vs 760ti (rumored) vs 770

As you may have figured these are the four cards that are in my price range with 770 stretching it to new heights. 7950 allows me to have an ssd

My problem is I have been looking at these cards /rumoured specs for a while and I just cannot decide, I want the card to last me a good amount to time and be able to play new games such as bf4 on high to medium settings.

Help ?? Which should I get ?? Which is best "bang for buck " ??

What are you planning on doing? For purely gaming, AMD is hard to beat with price to performance. An overclocked 7950 will perform close to a 7970, and you will enjoy having the ssd. So, even though it won't perform as well as something like the 780, it is a great choice, and it comes with the never settle bundle of games. 

7950 allows me to have an ssd

Help ?? Which should I get ?? Which is best "bang for buck " ??

:rolleyes:

That card can handle very high settings at 1080.

SSD.

What are you planning on doing? For purely gaming, AMD is hard to beat with price to performance. An overclocked 7950 will perform close to a 7970, and you will enjoy having the ssd. So, even though it won't perform as well as something like the 780, it is a great choice, and it comes with the never settle bundle of games.

Yes the card will be purely for gaming

Yes the card will be purely for gaming

Yeah, then I would say go for the 7950. Another good thing to do would be to go on Linus' channel and search benchmark showdown. You will see a variety of cards at different pricepoints, and how they perform playing popular titles. Then, you will be able to make a more informed decision. 

Yeah, then I would say go for the 7950. Another good thing to do would be to go on Linus' channel and search benchmark showdown. You will see a variety of cards at different pricepoints, and how they perform playing popular titles. Then, you will be able to make a more informed decision.

I've just checked out the thread video card showdown and it looks like the 7950 is probably the best for me

Cheers

SSD.

How good is an ssd really ??

SSD.

My 7950 Vapor-X @ 1020MHZ (Non voltage oc, i'm a pussy) can max out everything at 1080p :3

Love it to death, and he gets an SSD to boot, definitely go for the 7950!

You'll kick your own ass for not buying one sooner.

My 7950 Vapor-X @ 1020MHZ (Non voltage oc, i'm a pussy) can max out everything at 1080p :3

Love it to death, and he gets an SSD to boot, definitely go for the 7950!

This^ is why I suggest the 7950 L: Even a 7870 can do a very good job at 1080.

been there, and in the end i picked HD7950 + SSD. couldn't be happier. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Very good. It's the only way to make the system feel snappy and responsive and load applications/games faster. No amount of RAM or overclocking helps in that regard when you have a mechanical HDD bottlenecking your CPU.