Msi Gtx 970´s

Go to solution Solved by TheOrdix,

I now asked the MSI Support. The Msi Gaming 4g performs better in any way. It even OCs better than the OC variant. Damn bad naming.

Hello,
Im thinking about a watercooling projekt and was looking at the EK and MSI websites. Ek has no full cover wb for any 970 jet, exept the MSI GTX 970 4GD5 OC(and the strix but that one doesnt count). Thats this card:

978585_4__62861-4.jpg

It seems like the 980 Block can fit on there(http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=1545)

As im going to watercool anyways the cooler doesnt matter. Please tell me if there is a huge difference between this card and the Gaming 4G. Which one would be better?

Why not the strix?

I have not decided jet, but the strix is very high and the sli connector is even higher. i don't know if that's going to look good with a wb.

• 3 weeks later...

I now asked the MSI Support. The Msi Gaming 4g performs better in any way. It even OCs better than the OC variant. Damn bad naming.

I now asked the MSI Support. The Msi Gaming 4g performs better in any way. It even OCs better than the OC variant. Damn bad naming

My friend and I have the MSI 4g gaming one and it has coil whine while underload, but its hard to notice unless your right next to it but my other fans in case drown it out most of the time , just throwin this out there. but i still think its worth to get that card, great overclocker solid performance and a cool box 8)